Your College Is At Which Position In Codechef Contests?

I think this will be a nice idea only if it is implemented in such a way that I doesn’t discourage not so good coders from starting in to world of coding just because their activity may damage their college’s ranking . The competition should be healthy and encouraging . I personally feel delighted on seeing people from my college doing good in contests . So it all boils down on how this thing will be implemented .

2 Likes

@trashmaster knowing what is your college rank is also important.

And beginners are there in many colleges i think, so it will be equal for all.

The thing is single batch in my college is of nearly 2000 people whereas in some colleges it may be around 500 . So it may not be equal for all. :slight_smile:

then i think it would be done using average…

@vijju123 still college students will try to become the best to represent there college somewhere down the line this is what we want increase competition. Also, I said more importance should be on average I never said there should be no emphasis on total participation from an insti.

@killjee i agree with you

thanks @cipher_text

Yes that is correct. It is a website made by someone as a project.

1 Like

I need reputation points, pls upvote.

5 Likes

ok @ritwikshanker

@vijju123 did you forwarded the suggestion to @admin , thanks…!!

yes this is nice idea and also the students motivates by seeing their ranks in college.

3 Likes

great idea @spp____

2 Likes

great idea @spp____

2 Likes

thanks @vikas_g

how will you check if someone(i understand the sample of them will be small and wont matter when there are a lot of entries for a college) creates a multiple throwaway and purposely gets low score just to sabotage competing college’s rating ?

nice idea @spp____

2 Likes

nice idea

2 Likes

thanks @mahi_8484

thanks @ayush_67