W̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶d̶ Admin goes

Will be waiting for those contests. :slight_smile:

Hello mgch sir.

I’ve been in touch with you since an year and you have been an unblemished Admin according to me or other setters or participants. There is nothing like having HLD or FFT just for the sake of making the contests dreadful. And moreover, unique problems using FFT or HLD like stuff require a lot of work in the backend and cannot be just farmed in a go. I really appreciate your efforts of inculcating geometry problems and problems that require logic, because, after all, even I had a Geometry one this contest xD. You have been a constant support and please rethink about your decision of leaving. You already know … We are currently on many problems left raw in the oven that we need to discuss upon :frowning:

Please, at least, don’t leave like this.
PS:- I’ve grown up in this community looking up to you.

2 Likes

Probably, I will have a chance to visit snackdown

Long Challenges are the heart of codechef (they make cc very unique). I learnt all the basics of cp by taking part in this contests. I think you did a great work, being an admin requires to be highly creative, to be critic and also to have an open mind, so feel proud of your hard work!

If cc needs help on the other side of the board, I’m always glad to help:)

5 Likes

Just like rest of your ideas - fresh and worth trying :slight_smile:

That is a great thing then.

I always enjoyed your contests from both side of the board @mgch
It was really nice working with you as a problem setter and your contests were also much better according to me…

Nothing can be fresh with already so many problems in competitive coding archive.

Agree…

2 Likes

I never missed any of your long challenge :smiley:

you really did well as an admin…

Unfortunately, I’m not creative :frowning: there are a lot of bugs inside me, imaginary “i” seems better than I :slight_smile:

And your problems asking for the thinking, it would be nice to see you as the admin

1 Like

I implemented around 5k-6k tasks, but you know I’m stupid. Standard techniques like: port the problem from the array to tree, add the persistent DS or other add-on don’t make the problems interesting. Thinking on problems > implementation of them

The world built on the implementation and strict TLs can’t be crashed in one moment

Yes… I tried to ask guys the problems with magicians and assistants, interactive problems but 2 Times. But seems it’s impossible, idea of @isaf27

I liked ur contests though. Learnt a lot through them :3
And I dont feel the problems were only based on implementation either. There is nothing I would like to complain about tbh.

Hope the next admin sets equally good contests.

I also had a query, regarding resubmission of problem ideas. Do i just reply to the mails that were sent to me after problem-idea-submission, or do I have to fill the google form again?

1 Like
I also had a query, regarding resubmission of problem ideas. Do i just reply to the mails that were sent to me after problem-idea-submission, or do I have to fill the google form again?

NDA filling and google form filling has to be done only once.

I suggested to keep rating lists for the problem proposals, let’s how it goes.

Cool. Then I just replied to the mails that had come as a response after the idea-submission. Hope they will be reviewed :slight_smile:

There is a Need Of a discord Server For Codechef.Every Oj have their official or unofficial Oj.It will Help to co-ordinate the problem settings.All u need is to Make a bot That can Link codechef account to user. @vijju

2 Likes

Actually a good suggestion. I will discuss this with @admin

Inform Us.I will suggest and Help To make a well Maintained Server as I am already in Many such oj’s Server :smiley:

1 Like