Suggest new features/updates for Codechef Ranking site

Hello most of you might be knowing about Codechef Ranking site : http://www.okrdx.com/

Description

Plugin

From time to time the back-end and plugin was updated to suit the purpose of promoting inter-college programming competition.

It would be of great if users here in Discussion forum can share their experience with the website, moreover any feature that they wish to be added…?

Thanks in advance…

Happy programming… :slight_smile:

PS:

The most voted feature would be added first…

So please don’t just skip after reading, vote for your fav. feature too… :slight_smile:

FEATURES REQUESTS COMPLETED

Scores to be displayed in floating
format , i.e. with the challenge
problem score
by avastpulkit

It would be great if you could display
the Score for the Challenge Problem.
Besides it would be convenient if you
could provide the Global and Country
ranks along with the college ranks by
kcahdog

These both features were similar, so have been merged and implemented… :slight_smile:

Implementation link : “Live score”

The Codechef Ranking is finally open source.

Github link : https://github.com/skbly7/codechef-ranking

What can be better then sharing this link… :smiley:

With great doubts initially that I should make it open source or not, because of security reasons.

Finally removed all bugs in codes which could have been exploited, and above repo contains everything…

UPDATE 10 OCT 2014

A major scale-up procedure is completed.!!

Total usernames : 37281 (6k earlier)

Total institute/company : 4632 (200 earlier)

Total cities : 3982 (0 earlier)

Yes you read it right, CITIES…!!

Codechef ranking has expanded to not only selected college but to all the colleges present on #Codechef.

You can now also view rankings by selecting cities or better UNION of college and cities.

The ranking up gradation process has been made 10x faster.

Happy programming… :smiley:

PS : It is all new, incase of any problem please feel free to contact us.

8 Likes

Make this project open to Open source Community :slight_smile: believe me , you won’t be disappointed :smiley: Host it one github

18 Likes

Scores to be displayed in floating format , i.e. with the challenge problem score

7 Likes

Open it up for alumni’s also .

5 Likes

@avastpulkit I guess this wouldn’t take much time, as it is already present in the plugin.

Please have a look :

http://www.okrdx.com/files/plugin/plugin.php?user=skbly7&page=1&contest=MARCH14

Is this exactly the feature you are asking ?

1 Like

Should also show live World and Country Ranking at contest time…

3 Likes

yeah, implement the same thing on the webpage too :slight_smile:

It would be great if you could display the Score for the Challenge Problem. Besides it would be convenient if you could provide the Global and Country ranks along with the college ranks.

2 Likes

I think there is a bug in the chrome extension. I am not able to change contest ranking tabs directly. By this I mean that suppose initially the ranking tab is showing GLOBAL ranks and then I click on INDIA tab, the URL will be changed but the page is not loaded. Then I have to click on refresh to load the page. The same thing happens if I now want to back to GLOBAL tab. Is anyone else experiencing this?

4 Likes

@sikander_nsit , yes

Hey, why is IIT Guwahati not in the list?

@sikander_nsit thanks for informing about it… :slight_smile:
This need to be fixed…

@kcahdog sure…! :slight_smile:

@v_akshay it is there. You have to type in the search bar “Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati”

1 Like

^ Actually, it was not there at the time I wrote my comment!

@v_akshay it was always there. You might have searched “IIT Guwahati…” or “Guwahati” at the time of posting your comment.
:slight_smile:

There’s 3 tabs provided by CodeChef itself

1. Global

2. India

3. Non-Indian

It would be very nice if you can add 4th tab for same institute there.

PS: I haven’t given thought to how easy or hard it is do that, but it would look very good.

4 Likes

@vinnedpaliwal I don’t have any problem in opening for alumni’s. But the problem is how can I verify that a particular Codechef id was earlier of XYZ college. :confused:

@thecodegame when for the first time I was preparing the plugin, tried to put tab there only…
but was unable to do it this.

Anyways, would try my best to place it there only this time. :slight_smile:

@skbly7 way to go man, ur site and plugin both are very good!!