Slow speed of submissions

@admin

The submissions are taking a long time to process (just like what happened during LONG contest)

Since it is just a mere 3 hour contest, it can be of concern. Also, snackdown pre-elimination also begins after lunchtime today, it can be a serious inconvenience during that if not fixed.

To fellow members- Please send a mail to codechef and report the issue. More mails will mean quicker action.

EDIT- A big thanks to the community for co-operation. Sources say that the contest has been CANCELLED as it cannot be extended (due to Snackdown pre-elimination round). It will be UNRATED, and codechef will be briefly in read only mode to fix it (so that the issue doesnt occur in snackdown pre-elimination)

EDIt-2- Source-

alt text

With Regards

Vijju123.

12 Likes

Yes, I noticed they are taking quite a while to submit. Maybe two contests on the same day are causing this problem? Hopefully the Pre-Elimination isn’t affected.

2 Likes

Because of this we don’t know either we submitted correct code or not and then we start dong other until one is processed. If in the end code isn’t right then our ranks will regrade.
This isn’t expected by codechef.

1 Like

Yup, the long time before getting the verdict is the concern. Please write them a mail, so that the issue is brought forward too them asap. :slight_smile:

Have patience, there is so many contest and work lined up, everything will come up it’s pace

Also rank list is not available of lunchtime…

3 Likes

We have patience :-). But if the problem lasts for a good amount of time, then it can affect things heavily, since its a short contest.

I think Admin will surely have a look into this
Smackdown, MAY LTIME, May marathon, there is so much piled up. All we can hope is we get everything back to track soon

1 Like

Thats true. I hope that it gets sorted soon :slight_smile:

facing this problem too.

what is their mailing address again?

so what are we supposed to do now,its more than half an hour…

I don’t want this contest to be rated. At least for me. This is not done. Anyone else who wants the same?

12 Likes

It now says internal error in the system too

In my opinion contest should become unrated or extended. However extending the contest for at least 30+ minutes(which is the time lost) will make it collide with Snackdown Pre-elimination. So making it unrated is the only solution.

PS I hope the issue will be resolved by the time Snackdown starts otherwise it will ruin all the fun.

2 Likes

I agree. See problem teleport. As of 8:24 pm, it has ZERO submissions, some taking alot of time. It wont be fair to keep it rated under this circumstance…

My sentiments resonate with yours. Exactly the point. Extension is not a solution here.

1 Like

:frowning: internal error occurred in the system

What does this mean? I got this when i submitted the code… after 24mins of waiting

Totally. My first submission took 20 mins for a verdict that will indeed make my rank fall drastically. All those months of hard work gonna go away because of a server issue. @admin Make the contest unrated.

1 Like

@admin, please make this contest unrated. Its not fair. Very irresponsible on Codechef’s part.