INOI 2018 discussion

How was INOI 2018? How much did u get? Also add ur scores to this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FiLaqTJDSm8E30UQWegIsuaJtvvdLlYAoqXyZMzK2dM/edit#gid=0

I got 127 …
First one was a very easy dfs
I found the 2nd question hard and did 2 subtasks in it.

Solved the road trip and museum one. 100. Simple dfs.
Couldn’t solve the second one though. You?

I got 200.

anyone solved 1 with bfs??

What were the problems?

I solved the first one using BFS and got 100… For the second one I used prefix sums and got 12 points…

I kept getting Segmentation error and runtime error while solving the first question. When I decreased the changed the adj list from adj[1000005] to adj[1005], the code ran fine.

Did anyone else have this problem ?
Also, what was I doing wrong ?

can anyone tell how to do the second question two paths

For second one, The observation was that, we can take one path and calculate the total sum without a second path using dp[i][j][k] = min/max(dp[i-1][j][k], dp[i-1][j-1][k-1])+prefix_sum[i][j]. We calculate this two times, once for min and once for max and then we can use the prefix sum intuition to subtract min-dp from max-dp. It’s not clear enough here, but you might get an essence.

3 Likes

so what would be the expected cutoff??

148 for 11,12
and 100 for 10 and below i guess

Exactly I did the same one but I made a error in finding dp(i)(j) and I didn’t have time to debug so I couldn’t get get partial in this so my ioitc hopes are down ,I am in 10th standard

are the cut-offs different for 10th and below and 11th and 12th. I am in 9th and getting 100 what are my chances of getting into the TC.

I think it would be 112 for 10th and below else too many people would qualify.

1 Like

Are there any chances that cut off for 10th and below will fall to 100

Oh boy , was the second problem hard to get a logic for then,in the center.Anyway I guess the first one was pretty easy ,just basic bfs (or if you prefer,DFS).The second one really took a lot of my time and still I could solve only the easiest subtast of it(the 3rd one only,k=0) and could actually also solve k=m-2 task if I had a little bit more time (enough to copy my code from ide to submit tab :frowning: ) Anyway I don’t think I would be able to qualify with a pretest score of 112 seeing these many people get more higher . Still hope the cutoff somehow comes out in my favour :stuck_out_tongue: .(btw I thought in inoi they don’t have scores based on class/grade in which the participants study in ,right?)

2 Likes

I got 100 - solved the first question. I noticed the k=0 subtask way too late for the second one. I didn’t have time to implement it properly :confused:

I’m really hoping that the cutoff for 10 and below is 100, but seeing the number of people who’ve got a score >100, I doubt that’s going to happen :frowning:

Do anybody know when the results will be published??

You might qualify if you are in class 10 or below.