INOI 2018 discussion

I am in 11th ,btw you gave exam in Kolkata center,right? I hoped to see you :stuck_out_tongue: ,your questions in ico prep contests were pretty great.

istapr0 is the codename

3 Likes

116 overall. I dont think they should make separate cutoffs.

There were two main insights:

• The intersection constraint will implicitly be handled, since the base points have to be at least K + 1 apart.
  • You can represent a possible solution as the difference of two solutions which have the left region as the 0th column. (as you said, the prefix sum intuition)

The results will be mostly announced within 10 days of INOI…

@kristopher, are you sure? I hope they release it quickly. :slight_smile:

My condition was similar. BTW am I the only one around here who use DSU on the first one? :stuck_out_tongue:

Can someone please remind me what the subtasks of the problem Two Paths were, and how many points each of them was worth? Thanks…

Results are out https://www.iarcs.org.in/inoi/2018/inoi2018/results_inoi2018.php

and i got qualified,
hope you all get qualified too,
best wishes:)

I am a class 10 student and I got 112 during the contest. I did not qualify INOI. Guess why ? My code failed in system test of problem 2 because of a blunder mistake in my code . I typed row variable instead of column variable while calculating the result in the last step of my code. I failed to realize it during the contest because my code passed the given test cases and I never thought of re-checking it. As a result I got 100 and did not qualify INOI :frowning:

(Though I got 76.5/80 in Sanskrit exam which was on day before INOI and I got 76/80 in Social Science exam which was on day after INOI . I really have to manage between school and competitive programming because of … )

Can someone share how they prepare for INOI and competitive programming in general

See the interview by Rishik Sood on the Codechef blog.

Can someone share problems statement?