Extremely weak test cases in JULY 16 CHEFTET

Though I have not yet started this contest, one of my roommates was doing this question , and by an extremely wrong approach got full 100 marks , and I was left astounded .

If I am allowed to reveal , then I can mention some test cases where many submissions will fail if they are using same logic as of my roommate .

It is my request to admin as well as tester to please look into the matter , and rejudge the solutions.

Edit :- Thanks a lot admin and tester for changing the test cases :slight_smile: . Also , I couldn’t understand why many people downvoted this post :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

question is not clear as, is it must that all Bi’s must fall on array A or some can remain? .
I took the question to be,“Some Bi’s can remain in the array B” and got accepted. In fact the the complexity is O(n) and i can’t understand why limits are n<10000.

4 Likes

@vamsi_deva I didn’t know that . My roommate used all of A[] and B[ ] , and with 2 line code got it AC . And now comes storm of downvotes :stuck_out_tongue:

This happens often here. They should add new test cases or else problem has no meaning.

Two lines? Seriously? :open_mouth: No wonder so many users solved it.

I will share the submission once the contest will be over :stuck_out_tongue: , and in case they don’t change the cases , I am sure this will be disaster .
@admin please look into this

@apptica Exactly , it seems as if the problem was meant to be cakewalk .

Hi @apptica, we will take a look into this complaint and take necessary action very soon. Thanks for notifying.

Then this particular problem should be rejudged!! After the updation of the testcases.

1 Like

This guy deserves a medal! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

hahahha :stuck_out_tongue: …only if they change the test cases :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wish Codechef had strict test cases like Codeforces…even easier questions would be challenging

and I wish codechef had open hacks like educational rounds :smiley:

1 Like

I also interpreted the question this way and got AC.

Can someone tell me output for second problem of july challenge for following test case

1 5 6 8 10 14 16 19 20 25 28 30 35 36 40 45

1 Like

This is not a place to ask this question , and moreover this is an ongoing contest . You have to figure it out yourself.

2 Likes

I made a function solve(), which was empty back then, and tried to submit it, and GOT AN AC! :stuck_out_tongue:
I even commented on the problem. The problem is ambiguous, a lot of things are unclear!

I hope they either update the problem statement or change the test cases soon.

1 Like

Well, why were you discussing the ongoing contest problem with your room mate though? You accept that you did not abide by CoC? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Damn please do share that 2 line code later :stuck_out_tongue: