Extremely weak test cases in JULY 16 CHEFTET

hahahaha :stuck_out_tongue: sure . I meant the implementation part bdw xD

Its ok as i know that you will fix the problem soon. This is what i like about codechef the most :slight_smile:

This guy is new on codechef . You guys could have told him this without the downvotes. I dont think this is a good way to welcome somone to the community.

2 Likes

Mail codechef about this and they may update the test cases as they have done a few times earlier :)…your roommate will be surely mad at you :stuck_out_tongue:

I solved the question by O(4*n), and the code is not short.
Unbelievable, there are many people got AC by the wrong algorithm, and with only 2 line code?!
I was so sad to know about that. QwQ

2 Likes

I even commented this on the problem statement page, whether or not all B[i] have to be used and as you can expect no admin, setter, tester replied. This is sad, problem statement is not clear :frowning:

1 Like

@ashwanigautam I too have asked this question 4 days ago in problem statement page and have tagged the admin and the author. Inspite of all that no reply yet.

Lol . That was not discussion bro . He was highly ecstatic when his solution of CHEFTET was accepted within 10 mins of solving the 2nd question , and he told me the approach , and said how dumb the question was and unnecessarily the language was made hard . I had seen the question the previous day and had another approach in mind , and that is why when he told me the approach , I figured out several test cases where that solution is bound to fail :slight_smile: And now he is mad at me xD

2 Likes

Yeah definitely the problem statement is so milsleading that it took me 20 submissions to get AC and that too after referring this blog post. Thanks!! I dont know how both the problem setter and tester didnt notice the fault in the problem statement.

1 Like

If more test cases is added it should be done as soon as possible, so there is time left to submit a new correct solution, in case one’s approved solution is invalid.

Also the explanation for the second example case is wrong. I mentioned it in a comment 2 days ago but the comment hasn’t been published nor has the example been fixed. I would fix it myself if I could.

Well, yeah, the cases are really weak. A two line solution of mine passed.

@admin test cases for 25 point for chefarc are really weak.I can provide you test cases on which my code should give WA but still works on yours :slight_smile:

2 lines code logic!! I wonder what those lines could be…

After 3 days of this post Codechef should have done something, but still I cannot see any changes in the problem statement or rejudgement of solutions.

1 Like

Even I commented the same on the problem statement page along with a test case. I have even figured out the probable test cases set by the admins of this particular problem. No response received yet on my comment.

@admin assured us that he will look into the matter . I doubt the cases will be changed now .

Hahahhaa :stuck_out_tongue: You don’t have to wait too long . 5 more days to go xD

For partial points , the test cases may be weak . OK , many will be fine with it , but for 100 ??? Are you kidding me? -_-

Will the test cases be ever updated I don’t know what’s talking so long. It would be really helpful if you update test cases ASAP as if one’s solution fail he can review and resubmit his code not like a LTIME where testcases were updated after the contest.