CODECHEF Attendance

Also if there is any other contest which was cancelled or something then you all can post into comments. It will be added to the exceptions.

I only know about two such contests viz. March Cook-Off and May Lunchtime so they have been added.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Please fix the above problem also.

If I am not wrong I guess this error (503) now doesnā€™t come on Codechef now?

Plz upvote me , I want to ask some doubts for which I need some karma ,
Thank you guys.

1 Like

You already have enough karma

But still you can have a look on this thread : https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/97820/i-want-to-ask-a-question-ask-them-all-here

Simply post your queries there.

why canā€™t I view attendance before 2014?

Since Lunchtimes were started from June 2013 so I thought there was not much need to show attendance before that.

Ok ok. What about the app?

Currently there doesnā€™t seem for any need of an app for this purpose. Simply having an app for viewing oneā€™s attendance is not enough, then it should also contain features like contest notification and all, only then it would be useful. But such apps already exist, so clearly an app for simply this purpose is not of much use.

Ok ok. I see. Thanks,

:slight_smile:

@shraeyas
When I open my username to see my attendnce. It is showing wrong against all contest of March. But I was present in cook off and long challenge. So, reporting minor bug here.
Btw I was also present in oct17. You can see my rating fall. But since I was not able to solve any question. So Your tool is showing me absent.
alt text

1 Like

I guess since codechef added division system, the script is not able to get the attendances correctly.

1 Like

Fixed. Please let me know if there are any other bugs. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@shraeyas Please add March Lunchtime 18 as unrated in your tool. As mentioned here https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/51999/how-do-i-win-a-codechef-goodie/125226

2 Likes

Username is not being validated.

Even if we enter wrong username, it shows attendance instead of showing the error.

1 Like

Thanks. I will merge your PR.

1 Like

Hey @shraeyas

Nice Tool.
I guess u missed one thing. Problem setting panel is also deemed to be participating in the contest, for the purpose of attendence, as i know.

For example, @vijju123 was editorialist for APRIL18, but he is shown to have not participated in APRIL18. (Wasnt stalking. Just thought of this possibility and searched for the Master Chef Vijju :smiley: )

1 Like

Let it remain so :p. Codechef will kick me out if I participate in a contest where I serve as editorialist :frowning:

idk, I will have to confirm from @admin if setting panel is deemed to have participated. afaik it wasnt so :confused:

1 Like

Thanks @taran_1407 :slight_smile:

Master chef @vijju123 I donā€™t think codechef will check someoneā€™s attendance from my tool so there should be no risk in implementing that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@vijju123, you deserve to be kicked out if u participate in a contest where u r editorialist. Cant say fairer than that.

I guess u misread my statement (it wasnā€™t unexpected). Deemed means assumed. U dont have to actually make a submission.

@vijju123, see the following link, last line of para 2.

https://blog.codechef.com/2017/03/03/new-goodies-new-categories-new-prizes-every-contest/