An Appeal For All : Can You Make Effictive Vidoe Editorial for Codechef Problems??

Hi…

Actually one of my friend posted this post…

Letter

LETTER TO CODECHEF ADMIN

we got several response from users all over world.

than Admin also replied

…see here ADMIN RESPONSE

Now I think they are ready to link video editorial if some expert users can make good editorial…

Please post here your review or send mail to [email protected]

If you can make video editorial for few problem also it will be also great for beginners who all facing problem to understand editorials.

Please vote for it and send mail to admin and post your idea too…

NOTE :just make a youtube chennal only for codechef editorial and provide link properly for that only…no need to upload videos on this site…

that’s all…we are discussing

Alternate Idea :

According to @tec

I can think an alternative to the video editorial that may take less effort, but easier to understand than editorial: presentation slides (in ppt or pdf format) that explains the algorithm step by step in detail. Slides introducing basic/popular algorithms/data structures may be included also, and linked to relative editorial slides as prerequisites/appendix.

thanks to @tec

6 Likes

Maybe you could have called this an appeal rather than challenge to help codechef in getting better. Btw, nice point raised by @va1ts_100.

1 Like

Yes that’s a nice idea…But the task is quite challenging…Hope we find some experts soon so that people can benefit from it…On my side I’ve voted this up…

1 Like

ok …I have corrected…

It will be also good if some user not necessarily expert can make some excellent video editorials…isn’t it??

It will be also good if some user not necessarily expert can make some excellent video editorials…isn’t it??

Absolutely…Users can post their video link on this forum and as usual, people can vote to encourage more of such videos from them…

1 Like

Rather than doing this at first, I would request to make the website more efficient so it doesnt crash everytime COOK OFF competitions starts.
Spend resources on it,we would appreciate it.
Thanks

6 Likes

thanks a lot @rcsldav for showing huge efforts in this question… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree completely with rishbz. Top priority for the code chef team should be the essential functionality of the site. Even while I’m personally not upset by the glitches, any resources should be spent on those instead of new ideas.

Of course anybody is free to make those videos voluntarily but I dont see much coming out of that, since producing a video requires quite some effort, especially for harder problems

VOTED IT !

I really need video explanations. It’s really difficult for me to understand the editorials.

And often I just ignore them because of the same reason.

Hope we get a feature like that.

2 Likes

BTW, there is a simple solution to avoid some possible issues.

You can use external storages (even YouTube should be fine). It will save CodeChef resources - no need to store all these videos, to provide access to them etc.

The only thing needed from CodeChef team in this case is building up some system to allow integrating these editorials into site materials.

Add link to list of video editorials to given problem at page with text editorial or even at page with problem statement; add some up/down-votes system to allow users to grade these videos; maybe add some souvenirs/goodies or even cash prizes to these who are getting best results (however, in this case whe should think about preventing some cheating on it, not only because of unfairness, but also because it will affect scoring/ranking in a bad way in general, and we’ll have not the best videos among top-ranked).

So everyone will be allowed to try himself on this; maybe there will be enough volunteers even for free :slight_smile: Otherwise adding some prizes/payouts will definitely increase number of such editorials.

P.S. I also don’t think it should be among CC team priorityes right now - they have lot of other things to do. At least they should make working site, capable of hosting contests :slight_smile: But that’s a different story.

3 Likes

just make a youtube chennal only for codechef editorial and provide link properly for that only…no need to upload videos on this site…

that’s all…

The question is - do you want to see some “official” editorials, or editorials by everyone who wants to make them? In second case there is a possibility that most of them will have very bad quality; on the other hand there is a possibility that somebody will make editorials even better than official :slight_smile: Plus - the more the better :slight_smile: Another possibility is - allow everybody to upload their editorials after contest (on their own channels, for example), and some time later mark best of them as “people choice” - according to results of some voting (maybe even build-in YouTube upvotes).

@lebron

again if codechef will make video editorial than this is not guarantee that is best(possible for all user like beginner because they(official editorial) use some advance concept to prove correctness)…

I am also confused here…

can codechef make a team .to get editorial from users than cross check correctness and put somewhere invite to users to see and vote for it in given time slice which top 2 or top 5 voted editorial based on learner order i.e beginner/expert all that thing…because expert or medium level programmer does not require lot of information he just require some hints…but beginner need everything from root…that’s all

1 Like

How can I ask questions if I can’t post questions… ?

1 Like

@ajay_bhammar

i am voting to you I think you can also post your questions too…

humble request…please ask something meaningful

avoid duplicate question…

1 Like

i am voting to you I think you can also post your questions too…

humble request…please ask something meaningful

avoid duplicate question…

if you like you can vote…for this post if you like…

Yes, it is indeed a top priority.

1 Like