ACM-ICPC online round

@pk301 sure. don’t get disheartened. Not qualifying doesn’t make you bad. I know you really worked hard(atleast more than me) . But luck doesn’t favour us everyday. There are lots of other contests. Codejam is more prestigious.Also there is TCO. Anyways any help needed feel free to ping up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same opinion as @soham1234 .

@s_returns - Personal attacks are NOT at all favored in the forums. If talking about someone’s rating, contest history etc. is all arguments you have then its a good sign that you’re on wrong side of the debate.

Anyways, personal attacks not allowed, temporary suspension on next instance.

1 Like

Sorry for that then. We did the first question after about an hour. But in one go. And we did the 2nd about 20 mins after that. We just focused on accuracy and got only one penalty. I think accuracy matters more than just time. :confused:

2 Likes

@vijju123 i was facing some sort of personal attack on codeforces

Codechef showed us the reason why India with such huge population of coders fails to perform well at the World Finals.
Note : I am not saying that our team was deserving but many deserving team might have suffered due to this .
Edit: But we learnt a lot of things from this contest .I see a lot of people blaming the 1st question but I do not think that’s right . Blaming the question setter is also not right because it is very hard to set a balanced questions.
I am disheartened because might be I am not worthy enough to be in Regionals but my team-mates are,and also many other teams which are deserving .
Hoping for a better question set in Snackdown

6 Likes

I understand that dear. But codeforces isnt under my jurisdiction. What I can do is, keep this forum free from personal attacks so that people dont face the same problem this time as well. Thats all :slight_smile:

Also, there are many other contests to give. Dont sulk over one for too long. Instead - decide your next set of plans :slight_smile:

@vijju123 ok boss,sorry for inconvenience

2 Likes

" It will help if You can share the strategy you follow for the whole last year and show the right path to get through. Because for the whole last year" if possible for you then please!

Calm down Mate…! I partly agree with you on the problem setting…! But you cannot blame the selection procedure… The main aim of ACM ICPC & CodeChef(As a platform for competitive coding) is to indulge & bring more and more people in this field… Anyways, most of the teams that solved just the one problem & qualified will realize the difference at the regional rounds!

1 Like

Is the ranklist on the contest page final ?

It seems from next year the icpc contest would be hosted by https:/10fastfingers.com

6 Likes

WHAT ABOUT THIS TEST CASE??
…3…3…

IF BOTH OF THEM ARE GIVEN DIRECTION RIGHT,THEN IT WILL BE SAFE AND STARTED TOGETHER…BUT MOST OF THE CODE WOULD MAKE IT UNSAFE

then better they charge for regionals only not for online round

4 Likes

Robots can chose when to start. In this case, First 3 will start, and when its going left(after reversal) then next 3 will start and go right and collide.

ping me up in fb.

This guy is accusing the problem setter and abusing the winners!!!on an open forum!!!Where is the admin now??Why is he silent?Is this language acceptable in this community?

2 Likes

Ya that’s correct that problemset was not balanced at all
But the most sad part is my team solved 2 problems and then also we will not be able to qualify

1 Like

It’s already almost two weeks and there is no announcement about the results from any of the regionals. Why acm icpc being such a huge contest and there is not at all any information from the source.