ACM-ICPC online round

Thanks for the 1st speed test problem and a bullshit problemset.thanks.you people will realize what sort of bullshit teams will now come to regionals.thanks.

The problem setter just showed boasted his experience.

Thanks for bullshit problemset.

AND NO NEED TO POST INTELLECTUAL REPLIES IN COMMENTS.

LAST 2 YEARS TEAMS CHEATED YOU DIDN’T DO ANYTHING.(in rated contests you people are the first who dropped ratings without hearing the sufferer,you say you saw the email,thats pure lol).

YOU DON’T EVEN MAKE CODE PUBLIC.

THIS YEAR TEAMS ADVANCED VIA SINGLE PROBLEM(SPEED TEST).

TO THE TEAMS OUT THERE EXCEPT THOSE WHO SOLVED 2ND PROBLEM “YOU ARE BS TEAMS.YOU WON A SPEED TEST”.

22 Likes

I get your feelings dude.

But first you need to calm down a bit.

Indeed the ones solving only the 1st question and qualifying is wrong, but c’mon you should have solved the second one, if you think you’re worthy enough to get a place.

The ACM-ICPC (yeah it makes lot of hypes and has a lot of reputation too), but is it only for those qualifying for regionals? Well, it’s about representing your institute at global level, final is what counts and even with the results from this contest, eventually the ones making to finals won’t be affected much.

Though, I totally agree to your views about the contest. The problemset has only become worse since last year. It wasn’t balanced. The question needed to be of significant level of difficulties. But no matter what you say or others would, there won’t be any retest.

Work hard, there’s a lot more events out there waiting for you.

P.S. Even my team didn’t qualify.

11 Likes

we almost solved 2nd just missed out a corner case.
i am waiting for 3rd nov pre elimination to see what they do.i will do good in that.once i used to do pretty good in codechefchallenges.They took my 1950 rating from my previous account without listening to me.

and see there are almost 1000 slots for regionals in india,ask the remaining teams the same question “are they deserving?”.
thanks for your advice/concern/comment.

proved myself not a robot just to see ranklist.what bullshit website

3 Likes

But even solving the second question is not sufficient for many teams. The problem set should be more balanced. So that teams can get distinguished on the basis of the number of problems solved not solely on the basis of how fast one can solve one or two questions.

2 Likes

I am also waiting for Snackdown pre-elimination round. :slight_smile:

And no matter what you say, Codechef admins won’t do anything regarding this ACM-ICPC, or maybe they really can’t do anything.

And about rating, one of my friend too suffered from it. He even mailed to them and all they said was that they can’t do anything now.

Even the teams qualifying feel more pity for those who they thought otherwise would. Anyways what’s gone is begone. ACM India needs to learn to have a good problemset from next time.

3 Likes

just a small bug in 2nd implementation.started with 3rd early in the contest but left after some feedback

Let me tell whats going to happen tomorrow. Peeps at codechef will have a good laugh at your rant and this post will be dumped. Ironically they promote coding in India by discouraging the good coders. They make emotional appeal by saying they are non-profit org and have go for gold initiative (which might be helping them to conduct ICPC whilst there are better options) but you know what they do, they crush people like you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hmmm you are absolutely right.i think codeforces or kattis servers are good option for icpc online rounds,just cut the chef out

1 Like

completely agreed with you guys! really sad but will try next time (my last one)!

3 Likes

Why can’t we have contests like other countries with 8-10 problems with a proper balanced set.
Not testing speed test. Stop promoting Snackdown over ICPC . ICPC is more important to us…
Congrats you got our 1600 Rupees . Go enjoy the party!
And when will we get the editorials.
After a month?

5 Likes

Happy Speed Test Day.
Codechef found a way to reduce the server load.
Increase the difficulty level exponentially so that no one submits :slight_smile:
Congrats codechef you won.
Last year you had error with the second problem.
And now the most unbalanced set.
Let the codeforces handle it now. #GiveUp
No team scored all 5.
Common guys it was an online round not the World finals.

4 Likes

like the singapore icpc round held on kattis some days back

What we expected ,
https://codeforces.com/contest/1070

what we got,

6 Likes

pretty idiotic problemset it was

2 Likes

Thank you Codechef for the unbalanced contest, I know this doesn’t matter for you but it does for the ones who worked hard for this particular day

8 Likes

There was a very similar problem to the 2nd problem(REDCGAME):

from COOK OFF

here

1 Like

MY true feelings!

I’m not here to rant but I thought I’d share our experience yesterday.
We started off with trying to solve the reduction game question first because the statement was small. We were following some greedy approach using priority queues and it failed twice. It tilted us a lot. Then we checked the number of submissions and found that the robot question got a lot of submissions and tried that. But unfortunately due to a small mistake(indexing errors) we got that wrong for the first time. At this point we were in full tilt mode. We coded it again and got AC.(This whole thing took literally 10 minutes from reading the question to WA to AC). But at this point, it was too late. There were many submissions for the first one and we even had a wrong submission. We couldn’t solve the second question and lost it.

There were 5 questions. There should have been a gradient of like ~200 to 300 submissions per question right? Only then the teams can get filtered properly. I understand that we don’t deserve to qualify if we don’t solve the second question but there were a lot of teams who qualified after solving only the 1st question.
There were teams who didn’t qualify even after solving the second question.

Now that doesn’t seem balanced does it?

There’s nothing we can do now. I hope they take this as a lesson and make more balanced contests in future. At least increase the number of questions. It wouldn’t hurt to add two more questions right?

Even Codeforces div3 are more balanced than this one.

I think it would have been better if this online round was held on typingtest.com

3 Likes

aptly said

so you expect people to dig up the problem in archives and then copy paste solutions