A bug in Codechef New Year Gift!

This feature, you are talking about, may again give rise to plagiarism!!

And even I think the possible reason can be it takes time for the editor to load, for a site like codechef which is used by so many people at the same time, many requests come at the same time and even can be handled. But its basically just a way, to keep things go work smoothly…

Yeah, exactly. And there are many other IDEs with the same feature due to which such cheating cases occur and someone who didn’t cheat also gets the label :stuck_out_tongue: So, it’s good if not there.

But one feature can be there, like solutions of problems in practise section can be seen in the editor when we click on “View” option. Fork option can be build which will somehow fork that code on ideone. But that’s something like two work together, codechef and ideone.

@damn_me

Yes I agree with you about the heavy load balancing and the number of errors, but still some times we make very small changes ( like mistyping n and t, or forget semicolon, mis-match braces) and have to wait which is irritating (for say during last few minutes of short contests).

Yeah, but codechef people need to think about the worst case complexity… upper bound you know :smiley: They must have considered this zlso and that’s why put 30 sec, not more than that.

agreed!! 30 second restriction time should be removed first… hate waiting for such a long time… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That is true, but it is irritating, especially if we are closing to a dead line.

Otherwise 30 second is agreeable, they have this restriction for problem submission also.

1 Like

Why not make it 2 options? Run and Submit just like in Hackerrank?
Run will just like debug it and submit is the actual submission to the problem?

great feature but i am still not able to figure out the binary number for the dialog box (shame on me)

The hint is in “happy new year”, means happy “2015”.

Try now. :smiley:

1 Like

Well its pretty bugged up right now… but hats off to the web site for taking the initiative. Does any one know how to reach the admin and contribute towards this? :slight_smile:

I think 30 second restriction is necessary to prevent DOS attack. Someone might write an easy script that continuously keeps submitting solutions of a single account. :slight_smile:

ohhhhhhhhhhh

now i see this…

it’s bit buggy bug :

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Let me answer your queries one by one.

@bhavesh_munot
The issue you faced while running your code was due to unavailability of gcc-4.3.2. When you uploaded the same code, the compiler changed to gcc-4.8.1 (due to auto detection of possible language/compiler ) and on submitting it got executed. We have removed gcc-4.3.2 from the list, as it is not available for now.

@ all who are facing cursor issues
The issue was due to unavailability of menlo font which we were using to initialize the editor font. We have changed it to monospace and you should not face any issue now. Please let us know if still anyone faces this issue.

@ all who believe 30 seconds restriction is too much
We have reduced it to 15 seconds. It’s an experimental value, we may further reduce it.

We hope that you guys are liking the feature. Keep us informed at [email protected]. You can directly reach me at [email protected] for suggestions/feedback/bugs/hugs.

Wish you guys A Very Happy New Year 11111011111.

8 Likes

Amazing such a quick response/fixes - right man in a right place !

5 Likes

Nice, I might start using it instead of Ideone when on old lab computers. I’ll stick to my laptop’s Sublime Text + Cygwin otherwise.

1 Like

Still facing the Cursor Problem.

Hi,

Can you clear the cache of your browser and try? If you still face this issue, please mail me at [email protected].