ZCO 2017 Discussion

What do all of you think about ZCO will it be Reorganized or all who participated in ZCO will be entitled for INOI?

3 Likes

I frequently got disconnected saying ā€œYour session has been expiredā€. I had to change about 5 computers during the exam. Also, I couldā€™nt run my test cases in DevC++ā€¦ The output window closes itself even before I gave the input. :frowning:
I request all those who had faced technical issues to mail IARCS reporting them about the sameā€¦

FLASH NEWS!!
All those who were present for ZCO 2017 are eligible for INOI 2017.

2 Likes

Btwā€¦ what problems did u face?? @coder_voder

The server not responded and the PC shutdown many times we got only 15 mins in total and all other time we sitted their.

Ohā€¦ Thatā€™s is really awfulā€¦ :frowning:

I gave ZCO in Kolkata .It was PLAIN HORRIBLE.
I thought about the problems for about 30 minutes : was able to find a complete solution to the second problem and the first two sub-parts of the first problem. However, the problems started when I started to code. The dev-cpp closed one time and all the code was lost. Once the computer hanged and some time was wasted.And the MOST MAJOR PROBLEM was that I could not test my program on the dev-cpp as every time I tried to run the code, the command-prompt mysteriously closed within 5 seconds, EVEN IF I DID NOT TOUCH THE KEYBOARD. The result was that I could only submit the solution to the server and hope for the best and try to discern my flaws from the input and the expected output. As a result, I could only get the first two sub-tasks correct of the first problem and got 0 in the second one, even though I had solved it soundly.

I have already mailed IARCS about this and I would suggest all those whose exam went badly due to technical errors to do the same.

1 Like

HORRIBLE is the only word for TCS ION, Iā€™m sure IARCS worked pretty hard but TCS ionā€™s shitty system put it all in the vain.

Almost everybody at the Indore centre got disconnected >=3 times during entire examination, Lets hope thereā€™s justice to everybody.

Fingers Crossed.

Same as above, I had to change about 20 times barely even got the chance to code. Couldnā€™t submit solutions either :confused:

1 Like

The experience at Patna was totally horrible. The questions were extremely easy and both could be solved in approximately 1.5 hours. I had to change my PC 4 times. At intervals of 15-20 mins, my computer got disconnected from the network saying ā€˜Session Expired.ā€™ The main problem was copying and pasting the code. Right click was prohibited and whenever I used the keyboard to paste my code, my PC got locked. I too got the first two sub-tasks totally correct of the first question correct and 0 for the second one, although I had solved it correctly.

I would request everyone who has experienced these kind of problems to mail IARCS.

Btw, I too was able to solve only the first questionā€¦ :frowning:

There were problems in ZIO also.

The computers closed at any random point. (closed about 4 times for me)
The keyboard was not working so I had to use the mouse to type the answers and also for using the calculator. It was then very difficult to use calculator as I had to click like 5 times to enter a number because the mouse also was not very good.
But after looking at the problems faced by the ZCO people, I should say that ZIO was Ok.

Can someone give the problems?

I remember one i will try posting it soon. Btw how was your ZIO @mathecodician?

I knew to solve every problem but just too many careless mistakes. I dunno I think I will get like 55. Hope I qualify as Iā€™m in class 8.

4 Likes

I gave the ZCO from Pune and it was a horrible experience. Had to change my pc 8 times.However I had a word with Madhavan Sir, he said we need to mail the problems we faced so that the can find a solution

I participated in ZCO chandigarhā€¦ The 2nd problem was quite challengingā€¦ My computer crashed once ā€¦ It was very difficultā€¦ And new format of 3 subtasks was insaneā€¦ Letā€™s hope for the bestā€¦ Anyone who was able to solve 2 problem please let me know how to solve that. And I donā€™t know why my 6 cases were not correct in subtask 3 of problem 1 please helpā€¦

Regards
Suksham Kapuria

In my opinion, ZCO 2017ā€™s experience was worse than the previous yearā€™s. The console problem hampered my performance throughout, I couldnā€™t input custom test cases nor could I know what my program was outputting. All I could hope for was the feedback of the judge which was very slow and took as much as 5 mins to respond and during that time I could not even go back to the IDE! The problems were fairly easy but debugging my code for them was a nightmare, without the output console I had to rely on the age old read-through-your-program method(which is often not useful). A couple of times the judge threw a compile time error saying ā€œbits/stdc++.hā€ is unrecognised even though it worked perfectly on the other subtasks! I gave ZCO in the Kolkata centre where the invigilators were very ignorant regarding the problems we faced and literally scolded us for testing the IDE before the exam began!! I really hope IARCS shifts their platform to codechefā€¦ It would be so perfect!

I am going to mail the authority regarding the issues and hope they will figure a way out.

1 Like
  • I had to change my PC 13 timesā€¦ However Problems were too easyā€¦
  • First Subtask: Full/Full
  • In Second :FULL/FULL
  • In third : 21/30 therefore 20 marks gone from here
  • In fourth :Full/FUll
  • In fifth : 23/32 therefore 50 marks gone from here
  • In Sixth :Too much time was taken in compilation and hence in submission but still I Feel It will be a timeout. therefore 40 marks gone fromhereā€¦

Someone with better time complexity please tell the solutions

In last one hour I wasnā€™t able to open Dev C++ even very bad thing

Guys, The devcpp was not giving output and automatically closing due to which i had added an extra cin which did nothing just to see the input.