What kinds of questions can I ask here?

What kinds of questions can I ask here? What kinds of questions should be avoided? What should I avoid in my answers?

2 Likes

Most importantly - questions should be relevant to the CodeChef community. Anything related to problem solving, data-structures, algorithms, online judges is a good topic to be asked here. Before you ask, please make sure to search for a similar question. You can search for questions by their title, content, or tags.

Please avoid asking questions that are not relevant to the CodeChef community, are too subjective or argumentative. Make sure that your question is not promoting a company or a product. Also, any question seeking any kind of help for an ongoing contest should NOT be asked. Please ask any problem related clarification during a contest only in the comments section below the problem, the rules for which can be found here.

The new CodeChef Discuss is a question and answer site - it is not a discussion group. Please avoid holding debates in your answers as they tend to dilute the essence of questions and answers. For brief discussions please use comments.

2 Likes

One important addition to the questions that should be avoided: Any question seeking any kind of help (maybe apart from clarification but that is usually done in the comments section below the question anyway) for any ongoing contest.

1 Like