What field in computer science is a nice balance of mathematics and programming?

Hello,

I guess artifical intelligence actually has a lot of Maths and Algorithms background… In fact, I recall that one of the projects which attended Google Science Fair, was actually the design of an “intelligent” robot that would be able to provide assistence in Hospitals, namely in demanding supplies and related tasks…

I recall that the girl who designed it (I guess it was a girl) used the well known A* search Path algorithm, here you expand your search space based on your direction and current position by doing a series of “look-ahead” BFS and or DFS, so, in terms of applications I do believe that the potential is almost infinite…

Regarding wheter it’s easy or not to get a job on a related field, I really can’t tell at the moment…

Best regards,

Bruno

PS: Nice to see you again, kullaok :wink:

BIG DATA is the big word in the industry at the moment . That basically means Data Mining should be the best choice as a research field . Data mining will involve elements of AI , algorithms , mathematics and all . One of the sources of BIG DATA is Biology , so if you can find a Data Mining project in Bioinformatics that would be awesome .

1 Like

Hey kuruma, nice to see you again too :).
Well, having a math and algorithm background would be nice for me, so thanks for the info :slight_smile:

The hypothesis of prime numbers is imperative in discrete maths, however again you won’t require Assignment help that frequently in projects. In the report there is additionally some intriguing data on cryptography through prime numbers, however again that is something that is not of incredible significance for programming.