Weak Testcases in MAXOR?

How did this n2 solution pass?

I ran the code with input 1,2,3…105 and 10 testcases and it fails.

This is exactly what all of us did to get 20pts, the only difference here is he used distinct elements

Can anyone help?

Link To Solution

5 Likes

This is why i dont like problems which have only 1 test case for the sub-task. He did it in 0.07sec! Just how many repeating elements were present in that testcase that this optimization passed?

2 Likes

exactly, less than 10^3 or 10^4 unique elements must have been present. :expressionless:

this is the second contest in july where moderate knowledge of time complexity doomed me :expressionless:

this is the second contest in july where moderate knowledge of time complexity doomed me :|

Oh God! That line tho :frowning:

I kind of like long contest in general. Like Week of Code, Codechef monthly long. Lots of time and interesting problems. Short contest make me jumpy.Plus such things in short contests make a lot more difference than in long.

yeah right! I always reach 5 after long ratings update, and back to 4 after short contests :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Test cases on Codechef are often too weak…

1 Like

Is this answer just to necro the thread back or you have any specific instance at hand which is relevant to the community as of now? :slight_smile: