USACO gateway not working?

I think quite a significant amount of coders here use the usaco gateway for training.

Are you able to log in? Google doesn’t retrieve the page and sends a cache copy instead.

Please do help. I finally cracked a problem and its frustrating not being able to find the page!

try this url : “http://cerberus.delos.com:790/usacogate

1 Like

That’s the one I’m using but it doesn’t work for me. What could I do?

are you using proxy server ? This site is banned in our institution. I’m using tor bundle and its working with that.

No I access from home over direct connection. It worked fine yesterday.

It is down. I confirmed this with myself, a friend of mine, and now with you indirectly.

The reason for this is unknown. It could possibly be the “Forgot Your Password” tool that did not work earlier, but in reality I don’t know and I don’t think many people know.

It should be up soon. I’m sure USACO understands the importance of the Gateway. For now, I suggest you create test cases yourself and test those out with your code. It’s an important skill that’s incredibly useful for when you participate in the competitive programming contests.

It was down before for server maintenance, but came up I believe on the next day. I assure you it’ll be up soon.

1 Like

Thank you:) That’s good news. I thought it was something wrong with my IP.
Hope it will be back soon:).

On a side question, how can we test runtime on a ide like eclipse?

There are two ways you could do that. One is to use complexity theory, and the other is to just make a program that computes how long it takes.

For complexity and how to write a program in C++ to do it, look here: http://discuss.codechef.com/questions/7129/time-taken-by-codes-to-run?page=1#7135

For Java, name a variable at the beginning of your code that goes
long start = System.currentTimeMillis();
And then at the end of your code, the print the value of
System.currentTimeMillis() - start.
That way you have the amount of time in milliseconds that your code took to run.

Thanks so much:). I use Java and will try it out right away.

You’re welcome :). I recommend using complexity though. It sounds counter-intuitive, but the thing about using System.currentTimeMillis() is that it’s different for every machine. Using complexity theory gives you a better idea of how fast your code will run on USACO’s severs.

I know complexity theory but in this case I am using regex and need to compute the runtime for that.

Hm… okayy