URGENT : VERY VERY UNFAIR, CCDSAP SCHOLARSHIP CANCELLED,SUBMISSIONS DROPPED, FALSE VERDICT OF PLAGIARISM FOR VILLAGE TRIBES !!!

It was utterly stunning and gave me a nasty jolt when Codechef mailed me about a code being similar to mine. IN THE WORST OF MY DREAMS, I COULDN’T IMAGINE THIS HAPPENING. DO’T EVEN KNOW THE USER. NEVER HEARD OF HIM. Logic came out to be same. I HAVE MAILED CODECHEF TEAM INSTANTLY ABOUT THE UNFAIR HAPPENING, AND HAVE CLAIMED A REDRESSAL. No Response.

WHAT’S MOST RIDICULOUS IS THE PROBLEM FOR WHICH MY CODE HAS BEEN FOUND TO BE SIMILAR IS VILLAGE TRIBES !!!

WOW, REALLY ? I’D RESORT TO UNFAIR MEANS FOR THAT PROBLEM ??? HOW ON EARTH THEN, COULD I HAVE SOLVED THE OTHER PROBLEMS ???

But I don’t think it will be mended.IT SIMPLY SHOULD BE.

Seemingly, many more people have been unfairly judged. IT’S HILARIOUS. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT INDULGED IN UNFAIR ACTIVITIES AND THEIR CODES HAVE BEEN FOUND SIMILAR TO SOMEONE, it’s very painful. Just because a scholarship is attached to it, WE CANNOT COMPROMISE WITH THE FALSE ACCUSATIONS MADE. OUR SUBMISSIONS SHOULD INSTANTLY BE REVIVED, AND THE SCHOLARSHIP AS WELL. FOR YOU CANNOT DISRESPECT THE EFFORT ON THE PART OF THE PROGRAMMERS.

ONLY GOES ON TO SHOW, that the MOSS is still statistically weak when applied to a broader scale !

The Codechef Team should PLEASE think about this, for the ones who are clean are suffering unnecessarily for this and revive the submissions, the rating, and the CCDASP Scholarship. It’s not done.

I CALL TO @admin to PLEASE TAKE NOTICE AND FIX THIS.

2 Likes

I asked them to urgently look into this, and also put across your points to them. Also, please prefer writing complaints formal style- they are more effective and better convey your arguments.

2 Likes

Same thing happened with me. Codechef mailed me about being involved in the plagiarism activity for the problem PERPALIN,they sent me the other user’s code and it was surprisingly very similar to mine but trust me , i found this question the easiest in this month’s long challenge and i solved it in very small time , the other user whose code was found similar to me is not even from my college, infact he is from gujarat and i have never heard about him before. I have not used any online ide , so there is no way someone else could have access to my code.I believe this is just a rare coincidence because of our similar coding style and approach.However when i looked for his solutions for other problems , they were nowhere similar to me. So, i would request Codechef @admin to take this matter into notice and make this platform fair. (I mailed them back about it, but no response till now).
My Solution Other user’s Solution

4 Likes

Dont use award point feature dear. Contribute to community till you get upvoting privileges :slight_smile: (need 15 or 25 karma for that afaik)

1 Like

this is a very serious issue. This time how the plagiarism % so high. Its okay if they are not willing to restore scholarship but atleast should restore back the submissions for those who have been falsely accused.
Secondly I topped my university and neither even caught by plagiarism check still received a mail I wasn’t eligible for scholarship. Okay I don’t crave for that much but I really do want a genuine reason.

1 Like

@soham1234 why did they say you weren’t eligible then ???
Oh my god, what’s the logic ?
Yes, do restore our submissions at the earliest. Submissions is what I claim too. It pains you to see red crosses for problems you have spent time on.

I don’t know. Neither was I caught guilty of plagiarism. Otherwise my solutions would be cancelled till now. I have mailed them already. Lets see.

I will remember that in future , but why is team codechef not responding to the mail that i sent them to proove me innocent . I hope this platform should remain fair . Looking forward for some action by Codechef upon this…

The same things happens with but they didn’t say exactly i caught in plagiarism but they say it may happen. I mailed them lets wait what will happens.

Still no response. Why :frowning: ?

@swarnabja19 : I just got a mail saying the results are put on hold as there are changes in the plagiarism detection report. So there’s still hope for you.

1 Like

We are looking into this, and will fix it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

@admin my code got compromised due to techinical problems at replit, it was never on public mode . Replit have also updated about same … Check 11th November update …

https://twitter.com/replit

I followed the code of conduct and never did anything on public mode , but it was totally out of my control

1 Like

I clearly remember reading somewhere on codechef quite a time back ( sorry that I can’t provide a link to source) that they don’t run Plagiarism Check on First Easier Problems. Its because Easier problems have short lines of solution and only few possible approaches( therefore has high chances of giving false plagiarism reports) as compared to the next harder problems which have quite long code and have possibility of several approaches.
I think this time ( or who knows from when) they ran Plagiarism check on all the problems(including easier ones) and many genuine cases have been affected due to this. And this might be the reason for such a high cases of user being removed for Plagiarism.

1 Like

@admin
my code got compromised due to techinical problems at replit, it was never on public mode . Replit have also updated about same … Check 11th November update …

I followed the code of conduct and never did anything on public mode , but it was totally out of my control

@admin
my code got compromised due to techinical problems at replit, it was never on public mode . Replit have also updated about same … Check 11th November update …

same thing happened with me, @admin please help.

Those who were falsely accused of plagiarism are now back in the rankings.
Thank You Codechef…

Valid point !

Now, you have one reason to use codechef IDE!