[UPDATE]Chrome web store now has Coding shout

I am using it since 10 days.
It is great extension.
You should upload it to chrome web store soon.
As everytime we open Chrome browser, chrome pops up annoying notification that this extension should be disabled.

1 Like

Itā€™s not showing notification for me on chrome. Are there any settings I should enable on Chrome or my system?

Please mention your OS, judge name(codechef, codeforces or atcoder), Chrome version. Do note that if you have text to speech on, it will just say the result and not give a notification(because you already heard it). To change the alert type to notifications, you can click the icon and save the preferences.
PS: if you are on Linux, there might not be a TTS engine and you might have to install one.

Details of my system:
Judge name: Codechef
Chrome Version: Version 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have the notification setting(Alert Setting) on.

Do you receive notifications from other websites and extensions in Chrome? Because, it sounds like there is something wrong with your Chrome/Elementary installation. I can say that because my brother also has the same OS, browser and it works fine for him.

Thanks for the reminder! Itā€™s available on Chrome Web Store now.

No, I donā€™t receive any other notifications. Any idea how I can fix that?

Maybe try and run

notify-send TEST

in terminal. If nothing happens, then that means notifications donā€™t work at system level. Otherwise, try reinstalling Chrome. Honestly, I donā€™t have much idea either.

Thanks :slight_smile: Itā€™s a nice extension :slight_smile: Good work :smiley:

Have some secrets bro, codechef developers might be reading thisā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

@candyshot If itā€™s on the internet, it isnā€™t a secret anymore.
Anyone with a bit of development experience can figure it out in seconds :slight_smile: