Unfair Karma System

Nice initiative

1 Like

Please upvote me too.

1 Like

Need an upvote guys please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please upvote me i have to ask my question.

Thanks.

1 Like

Few things in codechef really sucks, first the minimum karma required to ask a question and secondly we are unable to view the test cases where we are getting wrong answer as it is in codeforces. Even due to short of kara I am unable to upvote anyone.I hope that in near future this problem is taken care of. Please upvote me, I have many questions to ask.

1 Like

I agree! Please help

1 Like

Please upvote me i have doubts to ask.

1 Like

Please, upvote this comment so that I can ask questions!
Thank You!

1 Like

I also Agree with you, I am New In C Programming, I need Some Answer for some Problem, I need to ask it to the forum discussion,

1 Like

My Question is:
I need to Solve the Problem,
2. Consider the classic problem of Tower of Hanoi (also called the Tower of Brahma). The problem stats: there are 3 pegs (vertical bars) with certain number of discs arranged on 1st peg decreasing order; say, we have: 4>3>2>1 discs on 1st peg. We have to transfer the 4 discs on 3rd peg using all 3 pegs in minimum number of moves. The rules are: i) we can move only 1discs at a time and ii) we can never place big on small. For our instance, the answer is: 15.
Write a code in C so that we can calculate number of moves required for any number of discs.

1 Like

I am in codechef for 2 years and still one karma , most unfair system.Frankly I have solved a lot of problems , participated in monthly coding contest .yet no karma .No guidance .

I have a doubt to ask about segment trees.
Please upvote me so I can ask.
Thanks!

Please upvote, I need to ask a question but canā€™t because stuck on 1 karma point

1 Like

My comment is irrelevant to this thread, but there are no places for me (due to the Karma System) to complain about the unfair things in the December 2016 challenge.

1. No response from the admins and contest setters during the contest

I have commented the following things on EDIT, but it was ignored during the contest even though it had somewhat important information for contestants.

• Incorrect displayed score in the contest

The description says that ā€œscore of your program will be decided by only 20% of the files, i.e. by 4 files, each from one groupā€, but it was not true. As far as I checked, no test files in DataSet #4 had affected the displayed score.

• Misleading constraints

From the constraints R_min x 1.5 <= I, D, W <= R_max, I assumed that 1500 <= I, D, W at first, but it was not true. It seems that R_min = 0 and I, D, W can be less than 1500.

2. No rejudgement after the contest

I have seen that there was a rejudgement after the contest, but it has been revoked without any announcement. I donā€™t know why. So, the current leaderboard shows the old ranking.

I have e-mailed this fact to [email protected]. However, they simply said that they had already rejudged the problem.
It is clear that the no rejudgement has been done yet if we see https://www.codechef.com/DEC16/status/EDIT.

Iā€™m not happy with the reaction from the admin. The statement ā€œThe submissions will be re-judged at the end of the contest to get full score (obtained on the whole test data)ā€ is no longer reliable.

[ EDIT ]

It seems that EDIT has been rejudged again although the total score are not updated.

Thank you for rejudging it again.

9 Likes

I always have to sift through the comment thread and hope that somebody had a silly doubt like me and some top coder answered it. Sometimes I manage to find but sometimes I donā€™t and that doubt remains unsolved and back log increases and time is wasted while looking for that answer on other sites. Please up-vote me if you have experienced the same.

1 Like

Count me in

1 Like

Admins and contest setters didnā€™t reply to my comment as well because I think that the problem KIRLAB and SEAINCR are unsolvable in python. My exact same c++ code for KIRLAB gave me AC.

Canā€™t ask my own question due to low karma points . So I will ask here :
Why are there no editorials for OCT16 problems : SEAARi ,BGQRS and NOV16 problem :SEAWCU ?

1 Like

Now you can ask.

@min_25.

1. We apologize for this situation. It seems that we all missed the communication. Sometimes, setter donā€™t see the announcements after some starting days. It is entirely my fault. We will work upon improving the feedback of comment moderation.

2. Current leaderboard shows unupdated scoring, but the submissions scores are changed after rejudging. We have asked SPOJ to fix this issue.

3 Likes