TEST CASES for Problems on CODECHEF

Is Codechef planning to introduce a new feature of viewing all the test cases of any particular problem, specially of the contests(after they end)?

This is the feature of other OJs like HackerRank, Codeforces.
It would be a nice move as we could understand our mistakes better. As sometimes we are not able to point out mistake/mistakes in our particular logic/code by debugging our code but we can surely achieve it by analyzing the test cases and also see that against which particular case we went wrong in our logic.

Thanks.

1 Like

I think that would be a good idea to add more testcases/examples, but I think if they would do it like you said you could just print the solution. It could maybe be a good idea, if you run your program and the error is “wrong answer” it says to you on which testcase it was wrong.

1 Like

That’s why I mentioned problems of the contests. Moreover it would obviously be good and appropriate if these test cases are available only after the contest finishes. So in that case we could not print the solution.

Yeah, just like codeforces. It helps a lot in upsolving.

1 Like

Agree. It helps debugging a lot and this will also help those who are new to problem setting/testing, especially with the corner cases.

1 Like

Yeah it may be a good move, but i feel not revealing the test cases helps better, it improves our debugging skills and testing skills , Ofcouse i agree sometimes we are stuck at a simple corner case for hours , but we tend to give up soon and would be sometimes see testcases every now and then.

1 Like

Yeah. But atleast they can be revealed after the contest finishes.