Successful submission list does not reflect recent code updates.

I just noticed the successful submission lists only store the first version to pass the test. Is this permanent or will they update with a more current version after a certain amount of time has passed?

It’s a bummer if it is permanent, since my style of coding is to make sure a basic concept works before moving on to refinement and optimization. As a result, most of my codes listed are suboptimal versions.

The only solution I can think of would be to setup a dummy account for testing purposes, but I feel like that would be cheating (or at least lame). I’m curious as to how more experienced users deal with this.

2 Likes

What difference does it make if they accept the first or second submission? You get the same rank as others who also have the same score as yours (even if your submission is better). It such cases, tie breaks are broken by by challenge problems as it is very difficult for tow people getting same score in challenge problems.

That’s why if you observe rated coders, they don’t bother much with micro-optimisations, rather they focus on problem-solving.

1 Like

I thought submissions with lower execution times ranked higher. But listing order does not have anything to do with rank/score. Thank you for clarifying.

As @utkalsinha said execution time is not a factor as long as it is below the time limit and gets accepted, but yes this thing slightly bugs me too.