Review questions before allowing them to be posted during contests

I’m sure many of you would have noticed that during contests, many participants post their codes, strategies, etc. here on Codechef Discuss, asking for help, even though it’s strictly against the rules. Sometimes, users also report cheating on discuss so that immediate action is taken, but this only makes the source of cheating accessible to more users.

I would request Codechef to implement a feature, so that during a live contest, posts appear on discuss only after they have been reviewed by admin or a moderator. You can do this for everyone, or for those below a certain karma limit, as you deem fit.

I know that this shall greatly increase the work load of the admin and the moderators, however, I think that this will benefit the community even more.

Do give it a thought.

1 Like

I repeated this many times to @vijju123. Came up with soln of every excuse he came up with (including increase the workload of the admin and the moderators). But nothing happened afterwards.
Earlier at least 3 karmas were required to ask a question. But they removed this limit as well.
Restoring this only will help to a large extent. No alts specifically used for this purpose.

1 Like

I completely agree with what you say @aryanc403. You are absolutely right.

I wouldn’t blame @vijju123. He doesn’t control everything. He is an admin at Codechef, who’s main responsibility, at the moment, I guess, is to manage external contests. He is a college student just like us. I don’t believe he has the power to implement features at his will.

What he does have the power to do, and uses it well too, is to bridge the gap between these suggestions and those who actually implement them.

I know it’s quite annoying to keep getting excuses, however we must understand that what he replies aren’t always his replies, but what he receives from the team…

I’m sure that at some point in the past @vijju123 too felt the same way as we do about how things are managed, about the excuses that they make. However, I think, after actually working with them, he too understands their working better and often has to cover up for the team, making him look bad.

Let’s just hope they implement this :slight_smile:
It’s high time…

Lol. Replace “admin” with “pesudo admin” there.

1 Like

+1 for the 3 karma requirement, at least during long challenges.

1 Like

Not accusing of @vijju123 directly. I just wanted to mention that I tried saying this through other channels. But this was declined.
The reason which was given to me why they removed this karma limit -
“CC becomes beginner friendly.”

My proposals were -
“3 karma requirement”
Add approval of a post before posting by newcomers.
If nobody rejects that post in 24hrs. Auto publishes it without explicit acceptance from admin/mod.
and shayad aur bhi suggestions the??

Counter reasons that were given -
"CC becomes beginner friendly."
Developers working on other high priority tasks.