New Karma rules

Recently I have noticed that on being voted up, we gain 10 points instead of the previous 15 and on getting accepted, we gain 15 points instead of 25. Anyone familiar with new karma rules or the change of moderation tasks based on karma? Or did I miss some post/blog by admin?

1 Like

Yeah, there were lots of changes in Karma rules. As mentioned in question, Karma is reduced to 10 and 15 for getting upvoted and accepted respectively from previous 15 and 25 respectively.

Also one thing I noticed is that when we down vote on some post, our Karma reduces by 1. I seriously do not understand what CC mean with this step.(Edit : I was not aware of it, but this feature is from long back.)

Coming to badges, they made it similar to stackoverflow way of statistics. You can view them here.
Few to mention
-> Nice Answer/Question badges for 10 upvotes on our answer/question which previously was for 2 upvotes.
-> Popular Question for 1000 views on our question. Which previously was for 100 views.
-> Enlightened for first answer was accepted with at least 10 upvotes which previously was for 4 upvotes.

Edit : Here comes a blog from CodeChef on The new Karma system.

1 Like

Holy smokes… Great Answer/Question for 100 upvotes? Boy, that’s harsh. And what about moderation tasks like editing, community markdown, etc? Those must have changed too?

1 Like

-1 for downvote is there for ages and my understanding is that it is there to prevent someone to do only downvotes

I also noticed that badges changes and missed any info from admins. But they changed long contest format without letting us know. Their communication with us is worse and worse…

2 Likes

I dont have any issues with downvotes. But yes, communication is really a bit of a problem. The blog of August Cook-Off was posted on 01 November. This tells a lot.

2 Likes

Hi all, We are sorry about not communicating the changes in the karma system and the contest format in advance. We will soon make the announcement regarding these recent changes.

1 Like