I want to code as much as i can but the problem is with my math.I am from a background where no emphasis is given on maths as the way it is given in India (JEE). I cannot think the maths in the problems at all. Can you recommend some books or some place where I can learn the maths so that I can improve my skills.
ALGORITHM AND DATA STRUCTURES:
- Introduction to Algorithms - CLRS (Bible)
- Algorithm Design by Kleinberg and Tardos
- The Art of Computer Programming by Donald Knuth
- How to solve it by Computer by R. G. Dromey
- The Algorithm Design Manual by Steven Skiena
- Concrete Mathematics: A Foundation for Computer Science by Ronald H Graham, Donald Knuth, Oren Patashnik
- Introduction to Linear Algebra by Gilbert Strang. (very good book)
- Math For Programmers . This is an excellent blogpost. Do go through it.
- Programming Challenges by Steven Skiena
- Competitive Programming by Steven Halim
Maths in JEE is actually very good. You need to build on that and not start from scratch.
@himanshujaju Yes, the maths in JEE is very good but I have not given jee or have studied for it at all.Since I know about nothing I have to start from scratch, cant build a building without the base. Also tbh people seem to be very competitive in college here and can solve maths problems in an instant.I want to do what they can do now
I’m not an expert on competitive programming so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but the topics I deem important from a programming P.O.V. are:
Permutations and Combinations
Not pure math, but would help a lot-Algorithm Design and Analysis
Start with The Art of Computer Programming,
and also check Steve Yegge’s blog for programmers
I don’t think you should give any other reference after giving a reference to TAOCP since they will never finish it. This book is increadibly complex.
You must check this thread:
Also check for this course lectures,