Letter to the codechef admin.

thanks for your response…

hope you will find some way for this in future @admin…!

@lebron… first of all we all are not lazy…!! and second , there are various kinds of people on earth, some understand directly by reading the books, some understand after the lesson is taught in class(kind of video lecture in real life). May be u are of first caeogery , but it dosen’t mean that we peoples are slow or we have less mind in our head…!! we find reading things very boring and sometimes abmiguous…!! hope u get it.

We face technical glitches often, video tutorials would just add to it. Isn’t it better that u see the tag,research about it, try the problem again,if done then good and well,else read the tutorial.If u stil dont get it then go for video tutorials(prefer it the least). Dont go easy on yourself,u never know what u r capable of… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds funny. Anyway, I explained my point - and now, after your response it is pretty clear to me that you are probably not going to show good results in competitive programming - because you find learning new things “boring” and you aren’t willing to put your effort into it. Let’s hope that’s wrong impression.
Feel free to find my answer arrogant or harsh (and it is almost definitely unpleasant for you, that’s obvious - nobody like reading such things) - but I simply explained my point of view, according to my own experience.

You know, sometimes harsh words help :slight_smile: And when they don’t - I hope it doesn’t hurt you much. Think why such question was never raised at sites like Codeforces. My point isn’t about this idea being bad. No; idea is quite good; it can make things better, sure. But the point was about other thing - the way you described everything says a lot about you, and there are bad signs. You should start with learning to learn first of all.

gotcha…!

@admin I too believe that this is a nice suggestion. I feel that as codechef has expanded to a great extent in recent years and it will be great to have editorials for the future contests in form of videos. This will really facilitate learning of large number of users and the ultimate aim of codechef. Hope this comes up soon.

@va1ts7_100

You might be facing this issue because you have not solved enough no. of easy questions and directly approaching the harder problems. May be I am wrong, but I would suggest you to go ahead step by step rather than solving very hard problems directly. This might lead you to the frustration.