Karma System

Did The Karma System Change Recently? Can the users having karma 1 question now? Are there any other changes in the Karma System?

No, they can’t. I have 1 karma and I am not able to ask any question. Also there is no news/blog post for a new karma system.

Although the /about page says:
No points are necessary to ask or answer questions - you are always welcome to join this community! All you need is a CodeChef user id to be a part of this community.

This actually contradicts the fact that they don’t allow you to ask a question if you don’t have 3 karma.

Ask a question page says:
Sorry, you don’t have permissions to access this page.
This might have happened for the following reasons:
You might not be having enough karma to ask a question. Minimum required is 3.

3 Likes

PS please someone upvote my answer, so i can ask questions.

No,users with 1 karma point neither can ask questions nor up vote someone.

I am also facing the same problem because of less karma points.

During November long challenge I had a doubt related to KFUNC problem but was not able to ask question because of the same problem.

Please someone upvote me before next long challenge.

2 Likes

We can’t even up vote if we have 1 karma points…

2 Likes

Can someone suggest a way to earn karma points.I cant ask any question because the page says that min 3 points are needed while I am stuck on 1.

2 Likes

Yes , exactly , till now there is no such thing , I am not able to ask a Question and it says I need atleast 3 kamra points.

I just don’t know why is system is so kind of though.

please suggest a way as how to increase the karma…am i able to answer the questions of discussions…if yes,
then how?

can somebody upvote so that i can increase my karma points…have lots of questions to ask.please.

Anyone with 1 karma isn’t allowed to ask. Tough this should change. @admin