Karma superfarming

Any positive response @vijju123 ?

No response whatsoever :confused:

My idea was that if @admins are too busy (due to snackdown etc), some trusted member could be temporarily given privileges to close thread etc. and maintain discuss. Whether that user gets privileges to maintain karma system is upto them (i suggested privileges like ā€œPenalty of upto 50 karmaā€ [user can mail admins to revert that decision, if he feels the member is not being just.]). Atleast if an active guy is there to close duplicate questions, take quick action &etc. then the quality of discuss would be twice as good as current.

2 Likes

Codechef has this kind of feature, back in the past I saw a username and it was suspended by another guy with high reputation. The link is lost Iā€™ll try to find that.

1 Like

@only4 Please provide the link if you find it and if there is such a feature then all the users should be made aware about it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to find.

People with high karma can close others post (as shown here https://blog.codechef.com/2014/11/18/the-new-karma-system/ )

Also, i found this line in the end-

"We invite all the superusers as well as regular contributors to comment on the changes and "

Superusers? I dont think he was referring to @admin there. @only4 might be correct.

1 Like

Should I start a new thread about it?

1 Like

Yes, i feel its a different issue than what this thread deals with.

@only4 thatā€™s a great spirit and generosity but I think u will be there as rohit_jere_rj and marshal_roxx will be removed.

3 Likes

Thats why i mentioned, atleast 1 admin is required to monitor list in final few hours.

1 Like

Yes, and I think people like you who have so much karma should be able to strike off names on karma farming as @qruiger_116 said.

2 Likes

@abdullah768 if u search ā€˜karmaā€™ in the forum, then u will see about 15-20 of such discussions.

1 Like

200 laddus? Isnā€™t it 300?

2 Likes

Edited it.

1 Like

hey @mathecodician ā€¦ i have said you earlier and even now that i seriously have nothing to do with all this ā€¦ so you shouldnā€™t be taking my name on public forum ā€¦ Regarding yesterdayā€™s series of events by a fake account , i am very much in favour of restoration of the contributorā€™s list before his actions .

I doubt will rohitjereji be able to solve even ome question himselfā€¦ leave 660

2 Likes

Admin will decide that.

@mathecodician , why did @vatsalsharma_3 upvoted 6 of your old answers in a very short span of time and your rating shot to 140 in the afternoon but then after a while your karma history showed that he had upvoted only 3 of your answers i.e. he ā€œun-upvotedā€ some of the answers and now your rating is 110. @vatsalsharma_3 is also your team mate. Iā€™m not implying anything here but an explanation would clear things up.

Yes. Actually he upvoted many more than that. So I told him right away to un-upvote them all as this is not allowed as he probably didnā€™t knew that. So he un-upvoted those answers. If u could give ur email id, I would send the screenshot of the messenger chat we had.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no need for the screenshot. As I mentioned earlier, I wasnā€™t implying anything. I saw the spike in the karma and I thought maybe Iā€™d ask.

No worries.

2 Likes