Karma superfarming

upvoting his own answer here means, upvoting his original account’s answer through his fake account

1 Like

Oh, Now I get it. Sorry, I’m new to this ‘Karma Farming’ Game.

There are many perspective and POVs involved dear. I myself found myself stuck into 5 theories on creator of that account…I mean…so many uncertainties…

Its better to leave this headache to admins as they have the “final answer” ready-made with them already. Lets see what unfolds next…

1 Like

He even came up with a reply almost as soon as the question was posted, as though he was waiting for it. He posted the pics about other users getting karma from the user and @marshal_roxx was the first one on that list since he is definitely the other prime suspect.

2 Likes

@abdullah768 one more observation in favor of above point. Everything related to him is fishy , his 660 sumbmissions, his contribution, now this has to be his.

1 Like

And one more thing, All of the upvotes to @marshal_roxx were after 12 Am, so that the upvotes had no effect in April’s top 5 calculations. @rohit_jere_rj any explanation?

1 Like

I accept sometimes I used quora. But many of my answers are written by me as well. But I don’t make fake account to get upvotes. I can take answer from website, but not this.

@abdullah768 if you scroll down he has upvoted him before 12 too.

@rohit_jere_rj how did you solve 660 questions with only 40 wrong answers!!
can you help me out too?

This was done similar to this by marshal_roxx :

alt text

This is the proof that he has again done the same thing and this time involved us. I have really not done any of this. @admin please review all these proofs.

I think leaving it to the admins would be better… they can check the ip address or other logs maintained by them

2 Likes

Yes! That would be great!

@meooow already revealed about that in his thread detailed “Karma Farming 2.0”.I think you will like to have a look there.

@swetankmodi , absolutely correct. Its better to leave it to admins than creating a scene at discuss.

2 Likes

The real thing to worry is that he got 77 karma JUST by that. People SHOULD use some sense and not upvote a guy asking for karma with >3 karma. I can understand the first upvote, but why 7? I mean…why? It just defeats the purpose of setting a limit on “when someone can upvote”

1 Like

I think it’s high time that the CodeChef people address this issue and set certain guidelines. I suggest the following:

Give few people with reputation more than 2,000 the authority to strike a user who is seen carrying out malpractices. Three strikes and that person will be banned from the community. The strikes system will reduce the time taken to report a person through e-mail and the CodeChef team evaluating and responding to that.

People these days on discuss.codechef.com are so blinded by laddus and the CodeChef t-shirts that they’ll take whatever means possible to achieve that.

I wonder what will happen if CodeChef stopped giving laddus to the top contributors, will there be so much fuss?

3 Likes

@lucas_dijk is definitely a fake account. In a long discussion on him & not a single statement from that side.

@admin please restore the top contributor’s list before the creation of @lucas_dijk, I’ll not be in the list but those will be the real top contributors.

3 Likes

Yes, this is a huge problem.I was on the second of the list in the top contributors and then suddenly some people(like @rohit_jere_rj and @marshal_roxx) started doing karma farming and pushed me out of the list. like 300 laddus for them in just a few hours.

6 Likes

Agree… It’s high time we come with new ways to corner this issues.

I too have been suggesting something similar to them via mail.