Sharing about the contest as received from the organizers in IOI-announce Digest, Vol 114, Issue 1
For the third time, the Italian national contest (valid for the selection
of the Italian IOI team) will be mirrored into an online contest. The
contest is primarily intended for high school contestants, but everyone is
welcome to participate!
The contest timing will be USACO-like: it will be open for 24 hours but you
will be able to compete for up to 5 hours (you can decide when to “start”
your time window, after the login). Participation will be available upon
registration to the Italian trainings website (localized also in English).
- The problem statements will be available in both English and
- The time window will start on 2018 September 14th, 10:00 CEST
and will end on 2018 September 15th, 10:00 CEST.
- Tasks will be IOI-like (with graders) and you will have 5 hours to
- The languages allowed are: C, C++.
Note: you can decide when to start your 5 hour time window, but remember
that the contest will end at 10:00 CEST regardless of your time window!
If you want to participate, you must:
- Visit the training website: https://training.olinfo.it
- Click “Sign up” (if you haven’t already done it last year!)
- Fill out the form and then confirm
- Visit the contest list: https://training.olinfo.it/contests
- Click on the OII 2018 National contest list entry
- Log in with the same username and password you used to sign up
- If the login is successful you will be ready to participate, just
wait for the contest to start! (And maybe save the page in your bookmarks,
so that you can quickly get back to it when the contest begins)
- When the contest starts, you will see a red button. Click it when
you want to start your 5 hour time window!
- Good luck and have fun!
The ranking for the national contest will be available here
https://training.olinfo.it/contests/oii2018/rws only when the contest
starts (now it just shows a 404).
We hope that you will join us or encourage your students to do so!
Giorgio Audrito and William Di Luigi
(on behalf of the Italian Olympiad in Informatics organizers)