Invitation to September Mega Cook-Off

Hello Codechef community,

Get ready for an exciting Sunday action your way.

This Sunday, 17th September, from 9:30pm to 12:00am (IST) Codechef is organising Mega Cook off for ICPC aspirants from around the world.

The panel for the contest consists of :

I would also like to thank Codechef team and Praveen Dhinwa for help in preparing the contest.

Hope you will enjoy solving the problem. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below after the contest.

Please find the rest of the details about the contest below.

Time: 17th September 2017 (2130 hrs) to 18th September 2017 (0000 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Details: https://www.codechef.com/COOK86

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those, who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes: Top 10 school students each from Global and Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: https://www.codechef.com/laddu. (For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to [email protected]).

In addition to the above prizes, top 50 Indian students will get their ACM-ICPC expenses reimbursed. For more details refer here.

The main characters of the contest are Chef Dobby and Bhuvan.

Dobby

Good Luck! Hope to see you participating!!

UPD 1: Contest starts in 20 minutes.

5 Likes

Woo!! Bhuvnesh Jain as editorialist again!! Liked your detailed editorials in the last Lunchtime. Hope to see some quality problems and editorials :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dobby <3 . Wasn’t going to participate. Looks like I have to participate now.

1 Like

Hope you like the problemset. Will try to make sure editorials are up to mark.

1 Like

Your editorials are a pleasure. I am always looking forward to them. This time, I will be looking forward to your problems as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m desperately waiting for this round as i have never waited for one…

By the way, I like Dobby, the free elf… <3

1 Like

( ಥـْـِـِـِـْಥ)

Can’t participate, I’m going somewhere!! But will try to solve the problems later!!

1 Like

bhuvnesh jain’s editorials were too good last time , much detailed , well with top 50 getting their expenses curtailed , its going to be a mega one. Probably the participations will be much higher then other cook-offs

1 Like

please make sure that the gap between each question aren’t too huge.

@likecs Laddus for school students? I think laddus are not given ‘only to’ school students in cook-offs.

1 Like

All these comments are tempting me to participate even though I have some very urgent work .

At some places Dooby is replaced with Tobby :frowning: sed.

No idea, i didn;t check the statements today. maybe some changes were made :frowning:

Gennady took 31 minutes to solve all problems. Legend _/_

1 Like

Yes, copied that from somewhere :P. it is wrong. will update the blog.

Loved the problems. Its not easy to give something which makes you think that much, shakes and excites you to that extent. Especially p2 and p3. I can still feel the excitement when I got AC after ruling out “-1” in p2…

Loved it <3

Simply Beautiful set of exciting problems to rule out the best…

Loving it…

True that!! This Cook Off was my favourite of all time!!
Thanks for the quality problems man and you were upto your marks Bhuvnesh :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can find the contest material with editorials, bonus problem solutions, model solution for all problems in C++, java, python below :

2 Likes

Thanks a ton, @likecs

It was really hard to find Java solution to fifth problem…