Invitation to CodeChef June Long Challenge 2018!

Yes, this can be done but We are restricted to at most 5 report per day. And this takes time to view these questions after report. I don’t know how exactly moderator see list of all questions which are reported but action is not taken yet. But if they are not then they should be sorted in decreasing order of severity of issue.

But if codechef programmers(designers) preferred report button over comments for reporting then I think it would obviously be a better option… Though u can comment to aware other programmers about it…

1 Like

I like the idea. Will ask @mgch

1 Like

@vijju123 @admin When will the editorial For May Long Challenge Q- RUBBER will be posted?

Dont know when it will be posted but maybe this link could help you

I will remind @mgch about it again.

editorial is already out now… check discuss…

Prizes: Top 10 global and top 20 Indian winners get 300 Laddus each.
If I am an Indian participant, in order to win 300 laddus, I need to be in top 20 in India rank list or global ranklist?

AFAIK, its Indian.

1 Like

Update: Since there is problem in linking of solutions from codechef side, you can view the editorialist solution here

liked your idea of sharing it through git hub till they get linked :slight_smile:

I am a beginner in competitive world,And i have been feeling long challenge division styles are harder than old style ( same for all participants ) becoz i used to solve 3-4 problems in old long challenge style but now i always be able to solve only first problem…
I have noticed the differences between the submissions of Q-1 and Q-2…

is this long challenge new division style good for beginners ?

Any suggestion ?

If anything this form should be better for beginners, assuming the character of the problems is still similar. The really hard problems are div 1 specific and the quite easy ones are div 2 specific. The difficulty curve (number of correct submissions per problem) is actually similar in both divisions. The reason why Q1 vs Q2 is a bit harsher in div 2 is because that Q1 is quite easy while Q2 is non-trivial.

For feedback purpose - https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/128992/do-you-think-june-challengediv2-was-tough-except-first-problem

According to me div2 guys must find it normal as I had one friend participating first time in a “contest” and he also not found it very tough…

But I am in div1 and I find it difficult to survive for sure… but it will be nice for me… I ll be used to solving tough questions…
though I ll not enjoy contest that much but its fine…

So yes for beginners div2 is completely fine according to my opinion…(though I find it tough for div1)

just be confident, prepare enough , google things and don’t give up…
u will surely improve…

1 Like

My feedback -

Questions were nice with unexpected difficulty level wrt May18. This difficulty should continue in future also. One visible difference seen was with no of submissions. There should be 2 more questions in between NAICHEF and BINSHFFL. I’m not asking for easy questions/spoonfeed in future but we can increase no of questions in long challenge. And 2 questions which should be inbetween can be marked as NON SCORABLE PROBLEMS FOR PRACTICE for both divisions. so that we can have both version of contest July18 = (May18+June18).

you means adding NON SCORABLE questions which are “non scorable” for both divisions ??
Why it will be useful ?? I mean If you wanna do some extra questions “Codechef practice” or many other websites are already available…
So what’s point in adding them to contest ??

Point is the answer just above it ^^ . But they can be removed after some time. Just for transition phase.