Invitation to CodeChef July Long Challenge 2018!

Hello CodeChef Community!
We’re excited to invite you for the July Long Challenge 2018 sponsored by ShareChat. Join us for ten intense days of coding challenges! Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Contest Details:

Time: 6th July 2018 (1500 hrs) to 16th July 2018 (1500 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: www.codechef.com/JULY18

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those, who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes: Top 10 performers in Global and Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: discuss.codechef.com/questions/51999/how-do-i-win-a-codechef-goodie.
(For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to [email protected])

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!

1 Like

hoping my name in list of authors someday :frowning:
Haven’t got reply on my request of joining problem setting (before one month)…

“Top 10 performers get laddus”. Did Codechef update their rules? I hope it’s just a typo :confused:

1 Like

How many problems?

yeah I also think so because contest page shows different prizes according to division…

Can someone from Problem setting panel explain the sample test case of Reach Equilibrium as it seems a little unclear…
Please provide P and Q instead of the final answer for better understanding if possible…
Thanks…

7 Likes

PS: I commented on question 17 hours ago but haven’t got a reply still…
Many other people also commented about it…

also maybe I think @mention is not working in comments on problem page…

Do the magnitudes need to be integers in this problem, or they can be any real numbers. (According to the question it seems that they can be any real values but I doubt that.)

I am not having any faith in codechef anymore. Like no reply in 48 hours? No explanation of sample test case…And forget that even @admin is not worried to look at the announcement post once in a day.
Seriously why??

4 Likes

Can someone tell about notification “You are not allowed to check this content.” in July long 2018 contest…
Thanks…

Commented on Magic Set problem but no reply in 10 hours.

Please share Screenshot.

explaining or disclosing P Q will be a spoiler maybe… and hence codechef is not replying… though I feel they should reply that “we can’t do that now” …

We(teja349 and me) decided to don’t add explanation for this problem, I’ll explain why after the contest. Anyways, we added P and Q now.

4 Likes

@pshishod2645 sorry for the delay, I’m a bit busy with my university. Yes, magnitudes can be any real numbers(it’s written in the statement)

1 Like

Thanks @mgch atleast you replied with “You can’t provide explanation, as it may be a spoiler”,. Btw I myself found the value of P and Q by just running a loop of i, and j and checking i/j mod (10^9 + 7), :stuck_out_tongue:

Commented on Magic Set problem no reply from day contest started plz setter look to it.

I commented on the Magic Set problem but still no reply.

Is there anyone who got reply from problem setting panel for MGCSET ?? Can anyone (from problem setting panel) add better explanation for test cases of MGCSET?? I’m waiting for reply from 2 days.

And a suggestion for problem setting panel - Make some comments public.