Invitation to CodeChef August Lunchtime 2018!

Hello CodeChef Community!

We are back with another set of brain racking problems this August Lunchtime 2018, a three-hour test to knack your coding abilities. There are more reasons to be delighted as ShareChat has opened some exciting job opportunities for professionals across the globe! More details can be found on the August Lunchtime contest page.

This time on the problem setting panel are:

• Problem Setter: kingofnumbers (Hasan Jaddouh), allllekssssa (Aleksa Plavsic)

• Problem Tester and Editorialist: spiral_out (Hussain Kara Fallah)

• Statement Verifier: xellos0 (Jakub Safin)

• Russian Translator: gomelfk (Fedor Korobeinikov)

• Mandarin Translator: huzecong (Hu Zecong)

• Vietnamese Translator: VNOI Team

Contest Details:

Time: 25th August 2018 (19:30 hrs - 22:30 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone .

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/LTIME63

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those, who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:
Top 10 performers in Global and Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here. (For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to [email protected])

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!
Happy Programming!

6 Likes

I guess the ‘Prizes’ section should be edited.

This post has upvote (Can be verified by see karma history @allllekssssa). But it is not reflected here. Reporting a bug. xD

Thats because I wikified the post first and then upvoted @aryanc403 . Wikified posts dont contribute to user’s karma.

I’m talking about upvote by @the_extractor .

Thats a good bug then, helping me in moderating forums and keeping rules implemented :). BTW, any comments about translators @aryanc403 ? :slight_smile:

Yes, they are learning. This time http://codeforces.com/blog/entry/61416 corrected. Next time on this page. xD

@vijju123 You missed. I got to know about @the_extractor 's upvote by karma history of @allllekssssa . Upvote counter didn’t increased but karma’s were awarded. I reported about this on some other questions also.

I dont understand the issue. When I wikified, there was already 1 upvote which was of @the_extractor. Then I wikified and upvoted so its 2. Whats wrong in the count?

1 Like

Important Reminder for Codechef:

Cross check your servers before the contest begins, in almost every short contest a lot of time get wasted in very long judging time in the initial proceeding of the contest, and last one was unrated too due to the same reasons.

Instead of saying everytime

We are deeply sorry for the Inconvenience

You guys should improve your technolgy.

3 Likes

xD @vijju123
codechef server is with you… it helps u in moderating too XD
hahaha, about translators…

What I propose is why don’t codechef run all submission on some small basic test cases in a running contest and run all submissions with whole test cases files after contest ends… In this way every issue of slow server will get resolved…
It would be very much easier for codechef server to handle traffic comparatively…
Moreover codechef can also introduce some more interesting features too after implementing above thing…

1 Like

I am not sure about what more features but it can be something which can be implemented because all problems run on basic test cases only… and hence soln accepted at that time won’t be 100% correct…

I had already given a suggestion to @admin to implement pretest-systest for LTIME with points awarded per test file passed. However, there are issues changing format of existing contests according to them, like no monthly contest on IOI-style marking etc.

They said the idea might be used for any future contest though and liked that. :slight_smile:

That contest was not unrated due to codechef’s fault. There are other external dependencies out of which one severely failed. Codechef cannot do anything about that, sadly.

okay… that’s nice…

Personally, I’m not at all in idea of pretests for LTIME, as LTIME is mostly intended for IOI aspirants, so preferably, it should follow IOI format as much as possible.

1 Like

Yes, I agree to that. Its a critical issue/downside of my suggestion, but hopefully its the only one. :slight_smile:

I am not proposing it only for LTIME… The main reason for this idea is load on severs… So I proposed it for short contests… Maybe for cook off…

when will the laddus be given to the winners and also the certificates??