IIT Bombay event - all questions copied from codeforces

Hey I want to expose this event - International Coding Challenge | Techfest, IIT Bombay which is going on currently

link

All their problems are copied from codeforces. As far as i remember, this is not allowed on codechef, i don’t know how this got ignored. This is a big issue, @admin, please look into this asap.

Their first question was copied from here

Second here

Third here

Fourth here

Fifth here

Sixth, havent found yet, why don’t you ask IIT Bombay Techfest people.

37 Likes

event plagiarised not expected

5 Likes

This is unfair. Permanently ban the organizers for wasting money of sponsors and time of other coders.

10 Likes

PLAGIARISM

5 Likes

Are the organizers even from IIT Bombay ?
Cause this was never expected, at least not from IITB.

9 Likes

Directly same questions should not be asked in contests.

7 Likes

IIT Bombay! Not expected from you guys!

17 Likes

IIT Bombay ! U should have taken some time to prepare good questions instead of copy pasting !!

4 Likes

These things should be prevented so as to avoid cheating.

7 Likes

even the sample test cases are the same :confused:

7 Likes

I have seen at most one repeated question but here is the mother of all plagiarism .

20 Likes

Questions should be made with little modification but not exactly the same

7 Likes

Very disappointed to see @meooow supporting cheating , he submitted his first 5 solutions within 5-7 minutes, very disappointing to see a moderator of codechef forum supporting this without reporting such act!
P.S- he cannot solve 5 questions in 5 minutes

wanted to up vote this post, but cannot , but I support IITB should be banned from code chef.

15 Likes

codeforces solutions should have been made not visible during this contest I think

4 Likes

@spp____ not possible to do so , and why bothering to do so , how can you copy questions? Codechef rules clearly states that it all its contests needs to have genuine questions and not copied when you apply for hosting an event.

3 Likes

Yes Brother you are right

You can keep on adding to your previous answers rather than making new ones . :slight_smile:

1 Like

@striverlearner of course I cannot solve problems of this difficulty this fast, if at all. At first I was wondering the contest is a joke :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes, it is not allowed to have problems from other contests in open contests on Codechef. But there’s nothing I can do about that. The contest should rightly be cancelled.
However, as a participant I have not broken any rules. I have used publicly available code and provided due attribution. If it’s not cancelled, well INR 1,00,000 prize pool for a Google search contest is not something you see everyday :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

ok @trashmaster

yes , but being a moderator at code chef you should have informed code chef about this at that moment, and i really don’t think they are going to give any prize money , as the cheating has been exposed.
p.s- do not have enough karma to comment on the same thread

3 Likes