Huge number of submissions in Mar14!

13419 unique AC submissions overall. Is that a new record?

Congratulations to everyone, specially kgcstar, mugurelionut, ushsh and vineetpaliwal!

3 Likes

Use this thread to discuss common things about the MAR14 contest, reviews etc.

@bugkiller : Well that’s great stats . You missed on “tiasang” who is 4th on preliminary leader board . Thanks for your wishes .

1 Like

wonder why ACRush left the contest mid-way

2 Likes

maybe some important work, but why didn’t you participate? It would have been good to see one more Indian in the leaderboard’s top rankings.

1 Like

I wanted to congratulate everyone in the top 20 but I chose to mention top 3 international and #1 Indian. :slight_smile: Of course, I inspire myself from all the top coders.

1 Like

March14 was a very nice contest with very good logical and solvable questions and lots of new things to learn (esp. Suffix trees thanks to @kuruma).

However the thing i found most disturbing about this Contest was this post by @n2n_ and especially the answer below it . If what is said here is right , then Codechef needs to take serious action and install appropriate mechanisms to combat cheating. It is getting increasingly rampant with each contest and if people ranked 2nd and 3rd in India start cheating , then it would seriously undermine the credibility of Codechef. Hope @admin’s takes appropriate actions

And Congratulations to all the winners as well as all the contestants.

2 Likes

Funny, I knew SSTORY can be solved by Suffix tree. The laziness to learn suffix tree, helped me come up with an alternate solution using hashing.

3 Likes

I have been very busy recently and chose to take a break from Codechef for this month :slight_smile: Thanks for asking.