How is accept rate decided?

Some places i saw people got upvote so naturally accept rate increased but some places their is neither upvote nor downvote but their is some percentage(%) of accept rate how is it calculated?

Accept rate is not dependent on upvotes or downvotes. It is dependent on the number of answers of yours that are marked as accepted by the person asking the question. As you have asked this question you will see a circle with a tick mark under the upvote/downvote arrows. If you click on that circle you will mark the answer as accepted.

You should mark an answer as accepted if it satisfactorily answers you query/solves your doubt.

The thing is that usually, most people only upvote and thank as a comment, and that doesn’t make your accepted rate go up…

Also, the rate seems to be very rounded to the units place… I have 25 accepted answers amongst my 339 answers which gives Ac ~ 7.37% which is rounded to 7% only…

And one more answer got accepted, now it is 26 out of 340 which gives AR=7.64 % which is still rounded to 7.:smiley: (they are using floor :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :D)…

yeah indeeed :stuck_out_tongue:

@kuruma I beat you in this area! Around 11% accepted out of 324 answers! But i am no where close when it comes to writing tutorials! You are too good there.

@kcahdog, we are both here to learn with eachother and also with people who are better than us!! :smiley: I’ve been loving this journey so far and I still hope to learn much, much more :smiley:

1 Like

Yep. Even i have learned a lot here (quite a few things from your tutorials ) in the past 1 year. Hopefully thus year is also as good if not better.

1 Like