FEB13/LECARDS

Can i get some help for problem LECARDS of FEB13 ?
I didn’t understood the problem.

what part didn’t you understand ? beware that, as it’s a running contest problem, we won’t be able to help you that much : it depends on what you wanna know, but maybe we won’t be able to help you until the contest is finished. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although people are saying that you may not receive help, let me quote what CodeChef has posted on the contest page:

Please do not discuss strategy, suggestions or tips in the comments during a live contest. Posting questions clarifying the problem statement is ok. If you are unsure, email us at [email protected]

So, we can help clarify the problem, but we cannot go any further than that.

I, myself, had trouble understanding the question at first too.

Little Elephant and Big Hippo are playing a game. There is a set of N cards each of color Ci. The games goes as follows:

At the beginning before any rounds start, L.E and B.H each get a subset of the N cards. This subset cannot change throughout the course of the game.

Then they play their 1,000 rounds and in each round k, both L.E and B.H count the number of cards they have of color k (Yes, in this problem, colors are numbers. Weird). The winner for that round is the player who has the most number of cards of color k. That person gets a certain number of points equivalent to the difference in the cards of color k between the two players. So, if L.E has 3 cards of color 2 during round 2 while B.H has 1 card, L.E would get 2 points because he has 2 more cards of color 2 than B.H. The winner of the game is the player with the most number of points in the end.

The question is asking for the number of possible subsets of the N cards L.E can take such that he wins the whole game.

I’m not sure how much more I can explain the problem without getting penalized. I hope this helps. If this does not suffice, however, I recommend emailing CodeChef at the email I gave above.

Hope this helps and good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like