Today, I received a mail from Codechef stating that my solution has matched to someone else’s and my ratings will be dropped. Link to the submissions:
I would like to bring your attention on few points:-
- you can see my submissions, I don’t like to use bits/stdc++.h
- this question can easily be solved partially via trie, so most of people have similar logic.
- I think my code have some variable name matches to that users code but this doesn’t mean I copied someone or someone copied me.
- I never use return 0 in main function instead I use void as argument in main function.
- That user created a variable called end in trie, may be to detect the end of the perticular string in trie. You can clearly see that I didn’t create that.
- He created a function called search, may be to print the trie. You can clearly see that I didn’t do that in my code.
- He uses a variable called ans to calculate the final answer and break the loop at line 134. You can clearly see that I didn’t do that in my code.
- In main function he created an array of all given strings called s. But I didn’t create any kinda array at the time of input.
I did not use any online ide so there is no chance of plagiarism and this is a binary trie so most of people creating trie in same way. I would request codechef to look into this matter.
Thank you !