Editorials for FEB17

@admin please provide the editorials for FEB17 and DEC16.

3 Likes

Please @only4 wait for some time. I have already mail this question to codechef and they replied me “we are working on this, and will post it as soon as possible, so please be patience”

And i think most of the question has already been discussed in this discussion session. If you still have any doubt in any question then please ask it individually.

pls provide the editorial of gerrymander

I don’t understand, the editorials of cook-off and lunchtime contests are provided so soon, but for long challenges they take so much time.

1 Like

need it soon!

Instead of waiting for editorials, I will advise you to ask the question on discussion forum. Because you will get the answer quicker, and will have a more meaningful engagement (I find discussing Q on forum better than reading editorials, cause its interactive and one can ask doubts).

So yeah, go ahead and ask the question you have doubts on, people will love to help :slight_smile:

I have no idea about this. You can ask this by mail to codechef

I think they were busy in making new problems for the long contest, thats why the delay.

You can ask whatever doubts you have and also see the discussion which has already happened on the problems.

1 Like

That’s a good idea but we should be aware of the true aim of a problem and what problem setter wants us to think. For a single problem there is a number of solutions exist but problem setter’s solution is the most optimal. As you know for lots of problems (for example CHAIRS from feb cook-off) the problem setter’s solution is of 30+(greater) lines, but all the other AC solutions are of just 15(less than) lines.

Does any one even care about December Long Challenge Editorials?

1 Like

@aniketsanadhya Exactly! Let’s not forget DEC16 editorials in pursuit of FEB17 editorials :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

WAIT! Did you just provide said something and contradicted it in next line? If problem setter’s code is longer, how is it more optimal than the shorter codes? Am I missing something?

BTW-

Yes, problem setters thinking is quite important when you’re in the learning stage.

But after a certain time, you become professional enough to outsmart problem setters (depends strictly on you and the setter tho) and come up with even better implementations.

I KNEW that this thing would be brought up. I just knew it XD

You can’t claim a code not to be optimal by the number of lines…

I am talking about the approach of problem setter.

Length of code is actually a factor, just like you say approach. Sometimes the approach is easy, but code gets bulkier, sometimes approach is tricky, but code is hardly 10-20 liner. If I cant define optimal code on basis of length, even you cannot define optimal code on basis of approach as everyone has different criterias for what an optimal code is.

Yes …

i am glad i was able to put my point across you dear :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol…

DEC16 was full of challenging problems, but even after 2 months… no editorials.

2 Likes

True, Dec Long challenges were REAL tough!! Agree with @only4

1 Like