Divide The Tangerine

Can anyone please explain what is meant by this paragraph
“Please, note that parts are not cyclic. That means that even if the tangerine division consists of only one part, but that part include more than one segment, there are two segments which were neighbouring in the initial tangerine but are not neighbouring in the division. See the explanation of example case 2 to ensure you understood that clarification”

How can one part include more than I segement ?
I tried posting this as comment but it is not being posted. I don’t think I was violating any rules by posting this question.

Parts are the divisions made by the chef or the boy, consisting of segments of the tangerine. Even though a part may contain the same segments, the location of the cut matters.
For example, in a 10 segment tangerine, the parts 1…10 and 2…1 are different even though they contains exactly the same segments of the tangerine.

1 Like

I am a little confused here. Can you tell what segements are contained by part 1…10 and 2…1.
What I think is that part 1…10 contains all segments from 1 to 10

The tangerine is cyclic so
1…10 contains the segments 1 2 3 … 10 (the cut is between 10 and 1)
and 2…1 contains the segments 2 3 4 … 9 10 1 (the cut is between 1 and 2)

it simply means that given parts are not considered to be cyclic and both of the given segments sets could be in any order simply order doesn’t matter.
example:
given a part by chef a[i]…b[i] boy will never give you segment like b[i-1] to b[i-2] that’s all what you need. hope you got it.

Consider Case 2:
2 5

10 1

6 9

1 10

The boy divides the tangerine into 6…9 and 1…10
So that would mean one part would contain segments from 6-9 and other part would contain segments from 1-10. But how can 2 parts contain same number of segments?

I got it,
see 2…5 means segements from 2 -5 includeing 2,3,4,5
10…1 includes segments 10 and 1,
6…9 includes segments 6,7,8,9

exhausted every case possible but still getting wrong answer,please help!

Since I cannot give you any hint here, I will just make the question a little clearer.
Consider sample case 2:

2 5

10 1

6 9

1 10

Chef wanted to divide in parts 2…5, 10…1, 6…9 but the boy divides it to 1…10, so the segment number 1,2,3,…10 form 1 part now(segment 1 is on left extreme and segment 10 on right extreme, they no longer form a cycle) but the chef wanted segment number 10 and 1 in 1 part(10 adjacent to 1) which is not possible now, so the answer will be “No”.

Hope that helps!!

This is fine for me… and rest all also but still WA …