Damn, what just happened !!!

I have one suggestion for admin. In rating graph first show increased rating of last contest. And for decreasing rating make it as separate entry.

1 Like

The punishment is way too harsh. The dude who copied from me has been plagiarised for multiple contests. I know its my mistake that my code became public accidentally but still the punishment needs to be reduced. @vijju123 is there anything you can do about this? :’)

I dont even know the how the punishment is calculated. They will make it public in a blogpost soon though. Also , if the community suggests to @admin something, I am sure she will be willing to hear and implement. :slight_smile:

vijju please ask admin to see my comment here , i will be obliged to you.

Why ain’t there any prizes for the Div2 participants? I am starting to feel comfortable in Div2. :wink:

@sarthakmanna- So that Div1 guys dont get too comfortable and obessed with div2, and decide to remain there forever intentionally.

3 Likes

Thanks! I wanted to see the comparison between the distributions.

2 Likes

I received this mail and my ratings were dropped- We will be dropping your ratings and disqualifying all the submissions of January Cook-Off 2018 on grounds of using false practice during the contest. We found few of your codes similar with one another user. Here are the two solutions we found same.

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/17110542
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/17112434

If you open them you can clearly see that the other person’s code was different from mine apart from variable names which were kept same as the question and reader(input) class which I had taken from GFG. So, @admin, @vijju123 please take a look at it and resolve this as soon as possible.

Wish list reset : Get to Div 1 in Codechef - Unmarked xD

In Aug17 I was new to competitive programming.During Aug17 contest i had given my code to one of my friend.
in 1 Feb 2018 i got an email that your have been Plagiarised in Aug17 and my ratings have been dropped and I accepted it.

But Now in April Long Contest My ratings have been dropped again saying you have been Plagiarised in Aug17. Again ? why…???
I have already paid for Aug17…Now Again for Aug17 ???
should i pay for my Aug17 mistake everytime…??? in every contest ???

I got a message that they are dropping ratings for feb18,but this thing was already sorted out,as i wasn’t found guilty,and they also restored my submissions back then,so why again this?

@vijju123 plz if possible see into this

1 Like

OH GOD, i am Safe from "Plagiarism Hammer"
i never used online IDE (i always used netbeans on my system) so safe from that side…
but i have some doubts–

1. i always use this Fast I/O in Java in Competitive Programming
    from geeksforgeeks website for taking input faster in java… Or if someOne else copied that code from geeksforgeeks and used in his/her code, than what?(codechef will also caught me in case of plagiarism?)

edited
2. I have one scenario in my mind-- for example, while solving long challenge problem, if i lernt any new concept from net (assume GFG)… SO what to do then?

1.. use directly that gfg part code in my long challenge code and give refrence to that net part..? OR
       2.. modified that gfg code in such a way, that plagrism detector can not detect it is used from outside

@hemant_dhanuka One suggestion Give attribute and link of website from where you have copied. You will always be safe from Plagiarism Hammer

2 Likes

You will not be safe. I have gone under the plagiarism once for this thing only. I recommend you to change a bit in that FAST/IO.

Give attribute will only save you. @ritwikshanker you have not given attributes hence caught.

“This time div2 is really gonna be interesting xD” xD

2 Likes

@admin @vijju123 please do something

Why did you delete your answer yesterday? When @admin came for review you’d already deleted your answer.

@ritwikshanker - Did you reply with this justification to her that the code is from GFG? Are you penalized for this thing only?

Matter is sorted and closed.