Codechef's T-Shirt

What I should do to get codechef’s T-Shirt?

Practice, practice and practice a lot so that you can compete well and earn one for yourself!

3 Likes

In what competitions can I get it?

For your answer, you can get it in Long Challenges, if you are in top few ranker. But as a suggestion, if its just your motivation to code well then this is fine otherwise important is coding and rewards are secondary thing :slight_smile: Best Wishes

1 Like

1 more way to get a CC T-shirt is to contribute nicely in the forums…the top 5 contributors every month get a CC Discuss T-shirt…:slight_smile:

P.S.: have got 2…:wink:

2 Likes

When and how do you get the T-shirts? I think i’ll get one for October.

You will be e-mailed about this matter

4 Likes

@kuruma thanks. You must be having like a ton of code chef t-shirts by now

@kcahdog, Around a dozen or so yes xD

if you manage to get a rank under 20 in long contest or under 10 in cook-off (short contest) in your country or in world, or become one of the top 5 contributor of the month then u will get a codechef T-shirt. However, you should participate in the contests for learning purpose and not for getting reward.

5 Likes

@all I have one too :wink: , just be a nice contributor and post MEANINGFUL posts, don’t just die for being on the list of top contributors, be specific, precise and nice to everyone, you will also get one.

@hasp,i think you will definitely get answer to your question if you go through following links,

1 Like

Get a rank under 20 in long contest or under 10 in short contest in your country or in world.

Personally, I like the idea of giving away T-shirts for performing well at a contest. Winners finally get the tangible feeling of having been outstanding in a virtual and global contest.

However, I don’t think that breaking promises, especially by not responding to mails, is a dignified way to award the winners. There are many participants, including me, who haven’t received any T-shirts from Codechef.

By now I should have gotten ~5 T-shirts due to my adequate performances at the monthly Codechef Lunchtime contests, but none of them have arrived yet. I sent the admins dozens of mails, however, the mail that always followed was not a response to my mail, but one of their “You won a goodie” template due to the next goodie I won by then. I always consider those mails as nothing but UTF-8 characters now.

2 Likes

Hey gdisastery, We regret the inconvenience. We will check the status of all your missing goodies and will get back to via email by the end of today.

@admin, I am also missing a few T-shirts. I sent a mail ( to [email protected] ) but I have not got a reply. I should get 3 T-Shirts for being in the top 20 for FEB15, MARCH15 and APRIL15.

Hey arun_as, Your email has been replied. Kindly check in your inbox, it should be there. Kindly reply accordingly.

1 Like

Are Tshirts also given by codechef to winners of contest not hosted by codechef??

I have the same unfortunate experience as gdisastery1. I have won several T-shirts (for June Challenge 2014, July Challenge 2014, February Challenge 2015) and have never seen any of them. I have contacted CodeChef staff several times. I received a reply just once (more than 6 months ago) - saying that they will send them “soon” :-/. I haven’t received any response for my other emails :-(.