CodeChef, please remove "There is nothing a Code can't do."

This video has been advertised for many months. At the very least, please give the users a setting to toggle its appearance. It is very annoying to always have to close the popup window.

29 Likes

If you stay sign or keep a bookmark then luckily you wont be seeing it…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it very annoying to see the similar pup up again and again another and the best way for codechef is to generate a 15 or 30 days cookies. So that only new visitors see this.

2 Likes

Even i wanted to post the same in forum :slight_smile:

I support removing it too. And where’s the guy who suggested adblock? I’d like to know how to block the entire

block.

@tacoder install adblock on chrome,relogin into codechef and when video appears on page,right click anywhere on page(except video) and block it. it works on chrome (at least for me) :slight_smile:

1 Like

just press ESC key …

We had implemented a cookie which will only show this to a user once. However, if you clear your cache, or re-login from the same computer then it gets lost. We are looking into this and make sure that it does not bug existing users.

3 Likes

The funny thing about this video is that there are many things that a code can’t do (like decide if it would end in finite time), and it’s an interesting topic in informatics. Therefore, it’s sort of a false advertising (not really, just a joke): it’s used to lure people into doing something that should eventually result in them finding out that the reason they started is actually a lie :smiley:

3 Likes

@ravi0213, That worked for me. Thanks!