Team members - Chinmay Rakshit , Sandip Jana

App Name - Codechef Mentor

Key Features -

• Sending mentor request
  • Accept request to mentor a codechef user
  • Private Chats / Public chats for acm , ioi , discussion
  • Save problem statement as pdf as well as print if connected to printer
  • A leaderboard for showing top rated mentors

Presentation Link - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mPh075bIGQWP7fbYWAb_vDCzH_IHXdv8?usp=sharing

Github Links -

backend github link

frontend link

Application Screenshots -
screenshots

App-Demo : demo

Download the APK from here - apk

Note : The Mentor tab shows the list of mentors whom you have sent Mentor Request. Please search for a user from search tab and send them mentor request. If the status is pending on them it will show as pending and once they approve your request it will be reflected in your mentors list with options for one-on-one chat. Same is the case for Students tab.

Hence initially both the tabs are empty. Kindly send some requests to users and once they accept use the features. Refer to demo for help.

3 Likes

Cooool! Great Effort.

1 Like

Great innovative ideas about the concept of mentor-student.
Good work ppl

Great idea!! Hope codechef team appreciate your idea and implement this idea in the real scenario. It will help new programmers to get quick help and right guidance without wasting their time.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong but I think there is no point of having a personal mentor in competitive programming. You just learn things yourself and its always better that way than having some mentor to tell us what to do. Also, the community we have on CodeChef discuss and on codeforces is great. So if you get stuck just ask on either of them rather than personally asking someone. It’s just my feedback :slight_smile:

Full marks for the efforts though, now CodeChef will soon have an app on Android I think :wink:

1 Like

Nice concept of mentors. I can already see the improvement that this application can bring in learning concepts and doubt clearance.

1 Like