astonished to see the number of submissions

Codechef should also take action against those who have taken benefit from it. this can be found out from the comments. Such contests shouldn’t be rated since so many people have cheated. It’s not fair.

1 Like

One way I think we can stop them is to publicly harass them across various platforms- Fb, stackoverflow, LinkedIn, etc. It’s not that tough to find their profiles…

sad to see that admin is just keeping a mum on it .

The only thing this thread is accomplishing is increasing the popularity of the website/youtube channel.

Legally, The only thing that the admin can do is to request them to take down the videos/posts and/or ban their codechef accounts. They cannot forcibly take down the mentioned website/youtube channel.

8 Likes

I Highly agree with this.

3 Likes

One way is to keep a plagiarism check with the source code available on the youtube channel and other sites.I wanted to upvote but cannot due to less karma.

1 Like

I have a completely different take on this. This is for fun/learning. By no way someone can copy and paste and be a good programmer. This is not a hiring contest and even though this was the candidate would bomb in real interview. If a person is not able to solve, just see the solution from a learning point of view.

1 Like

@admin I think admin should contact this guy and should have conversation over these things…

His contact details is available at whois database.

I can’t upvote anybody’s comments ;(

2 Likes

We have been working on this for nearly a week. Rest assured that this will be taken care of.

11 Likes

Hail @admin :smiley:

1 Like

But you can do the same after contest isn’t it? And also codechef rating somewhat matters when companies come to college for recruiting students. And some people will work their ass off and figure out original solutions and others will just copy paste?? is it fair? contests are for seeing your limits and how much you need to work. Otherwise problems are provided for practice and even editorials are given if you are interested in learning learn after contests then. Why should codechef ratings bother you?

6 Likes

I just visited codesfiction and realized that the admin himself is unable to solve the problems… But others(who have solved the questions) are disclosing their solutions or helping them in some way… Yes the site and the channel should be taken down immediately as codechef ratings often provide advantage to people when companies come to hire them for job or for internship. And guys you also must restrict yourself from such practices. Because you might get a 6* rating like this but you wont learn anything. If you have solved the problem keep it to yourself. No need to publicly announce how to solve them.

finally you took note of it

1 Like

exactly , well said bro :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Right Guys. This is spoiling the CodeChef fun. Please do something to stop this. I am also shocked by this news.

Thank you @admin for replying

yeah, I would confess that I cheated in SnackDown REPLAY , round …I just submitted other people’s codes only, and in that contest, the submissions were public…and everyone did that…right??

2 Likes

Man, just accept LoC one also. You deleted your whole answer(And thus everyone’s comment on it too).

yes
this should be stopped