April Challenge

Why is the challenge being delayed this time? :frowning:

1 Like

From now on it’ll start from first friday of each month, just to make sure busy guys(I mean those who can’t attempt during working week days) get atleast two weekends for the challenge…And that’s better!

1 Like

who are the busy guys? o.O

This suggestion was given by me a couple of months back . In Feb and March the 1st day of the month was Friday anyway’s hence no change was noticed . I guess it will be beneficial to everyone . Anyway’s you can say I am the “busy” guy who gave this suggestion .

2 Likes

This might be beneficial to professionals who will get one more weekend to compete, but we students will have to wait another week to start competing. We are getting BORED. Furthermore, you people have too advanced skills compared to us. So we could be considered at par when you people get one weekend.

4 Likes

Me, for example :wink:

1 Like

and we have our mid and end semester exams scheduled for the latter half of the month mostly, and extending the date to 15th only worsens the situation.

1 Like

@aichemzee : Well this time it may not suit you because of exams . But in general two weekends idea should suit both professionals and students alike . After all students also have classes etc in weekdays . About getting bored , are you not participating in Top Coder Open Marathon that is going on . Also there is a India Hacks tournament on hackerearth.com in a couple of days and a teaser contest on hackerearth.com later today .

2 Likes

If a setter can be busy, then count me in too :wink:
I’m busy both to attend contests properly and also to learn new concepts I’ve been wanting to learn in ages!! :x

1 Like

thanks for the ^info. The contest on hackerearth was fun. :wink:

Could some one pls give sime tricky testcases for MAXDIFF

No!!!

You cannot ask for help during the contest, read more here - http://discuss.codechef.com/questions/855/what-kind-of-comment-should-i-post-on-the-problem-page

3 Likes