Anyone facing problem in codechef today?

When I’m running code in codechef ide, sometimes it causes internal error, please fix it @admin, moreover probably there is some issue in server, codechef is taking time to load.
alt text

2 Likes

SOMETIMES?

Whenever there is a long contest, I have to refresh around 5 times to load the website. It takes me ~15minutes to reach the contest page. Fine, I agree that college net isn’t the best always, BUT STILL! I face such issues everytime some contest is being hosted. :confused:

2 Likes

Since evening I’m facing this problem… :frowning:

@neilit1992 as we see in Codeforces, TopCoder and in SPOJ when we submit our code they put the code in the queue. They execute submissions one-by-one. We don’t see that on CodeChef. So I think that internal error happens because of more than one submissions at the same time for a single problem, I usually face that error too. Only today I faced same “Internal error” on the homepage, APRIL17 rankings page, my profile page and right after submitting a solution on CodeChef online IDE.

I’m talking about homepage ide, facing problem out there…

I’m also talking about homepage IDE, and yes facing problem in almost all pages of CodeChef.

Yes. This is a big problem. Even though I have 1GBPS speed. Today, I was/am doing Google Code Jam. I was using the codechef ide for it. If you would have participated in it, u would know that we will be given a input for 4 mins and we have to upload the source code, compute the output and submit that output in 4 secs otherwise we get a penalty like a wrong answer. Because of this lagging, I got 1 Penalty. I couldn’t submit in that 4 mins.

2 Likes

Big problem, n ideone isn’t secure!

@neilit1992 why isn’t ideone secure? You can use private instead of public or secret. I chose ideone only as the codechef ide had problems.

Why don’t you use your local compiler for contests such as CodeJam ?

2 Likes

I can use private I know, but mistakes do happen @mathecodician

@torque I use them for python. But for c++, I do want to use sublime text because it has problems with bits/stdc++.h and in editors like code-blocks, u can’t copy-paste the whole input like the format of google code jam.

1 Like

@mathecodician use atom editor it is like sublime text but much better, i too faced similar problem wth sublime text then switched to atom

@mathecodician, you have 1GBPS speed? Really… I mean seriously… do you really have?

1 Like

@neget has a very valid question.

1 GBPS…O_O Holy shit! That’s a ton of speed you got there :open_mouth:

Yes, I am not joking.

Although I have about 200 tabs open so the internet becomes slower.

Man I am not able to sleep :slight_smile: , Which ISP?