answer leaked on ideone of long challenge august

well the CHEFFA question’s solution was leaked in ideone , someone solved it correctly and forgot to make the solution private. I have mailed codechef about it , but i want people to make their codechef solutions of contests private wherever they solved it.
i have written to codechef about it .i hope they will look into it.

4 Likes

That explains the cheating instances in that problem. They will be caught by plagiarism detector, and ratings decreased later.

bro they had a lot of time to make dummy functions and initialize a lot of unwanted stuffs.

Yup… But still I think that people can fudge codes, by writing it in other language or using variations like for to while and some other way which I personally think would be very hard to capture…no??

not possible to detect though.

still i guess peeps should be careful enough while writing their solutions on other ide’s

Will the contest be once again be unrated, this is the second time I participated in codechef contest and once again the I will not get rated, the first was july cook-off which got unrated.

no nothing of this sort wil happen , i just wrote this post so that people who code should be aware from the next time and donot make their code public ,

1 Like

My first Long contest in Codechef. Somehow I noticed that the ratings haven’t changed still, do they always take so much time ?

I think we should mail Ideone about changing its policies. Like if I am submitting code it should be private by default and no one can see my submission. This will help I guess.

First of all, how do you know this?
Secondly, Codechef clearly mentions in the rules that… If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission “private”… I don’t see what else they can do.

5 Likes

@meooow i have the link :slight_smile: and yes m not saying codechef to do anything , just asking people to mark it private :slight_smile:

So much time?? Usually it takes 1-2 days but (obviously) subject to vary.

@meooow I don’t think it is wise blaming @raj79. If he was from the ones who copied, why would he post it here?
Btw participants must be more careful about this :frowning:

@dishant_18, I don’t think I blamed anyone. I just can’t find any mention of this supposed leak anywhere and @raj79 has not provided any details, hence I am simply skeptical.

3 Likes

its better that we should be more careful

i actually have messaged codechef about all the solutions , i have gone through

Ohk @meooow sorry… my bad!

Ohh… Actually I didn’t know. :slight_smile:

Ideone will not change its policies because of competitive programming. Ideone focuses on a completely different target group. Why should they care about some Codechef competition?

4 Likes